Forums Latest Members
  1. UKFalc Jul 8, 2020

I am thinking of buying a new aqua terra on a leather strap.

I am just wondering whether it is possible to buy the stainless steel strap for the watch from Omega in future if I want to do so, and if so, roughly how much is is likely to cost in British £. I’ve checked the Omega website, but they only seem of offer a range of nato and leather straps - and no stainless steel bracelets.

Many thanks for you help.

2. Meme-Dweller Jul 8, 2020

I know a lot of people will tell you to always buy the watch on bracelet as it's cheaper to source the leather later, and that's generally true, but the price between leather w/ clasp and steel bracelet on Omegas is around a $200-$400 USD price difference. You could probably use the fact that it's on leather to negotiate the price to your advantage.

The price of steel bracelets last year was around $800ish USD, but there was a price increase, so you're looking at around $1k USD... whatever that is in GBP.

3. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jul 8, 2020

You can call a local Omega Botique and they will tell you the price. But it's best to buy with a bracelet.

4. tumbler Jul 8, 2020

If there is any chance that you will want the bracelet in the future, I would just buy it on the bracelet. It's so much easier to get a leather strap later, and they are much less expensive. Down the road, if you find that you aren't using the bracelet, I'm sure you can offload it on one of the forums for a decent price.

5. Bimmerman77 Jul 8, 2020

I just called SGUS in NJ two weeks ago for my AT 8900. They said they charge $780 but it had to be ordered from Switzerland.

6. UKFalc Jul 9, 2020

Thanks for your help everyone...

7. Bugbait Jul 9, 2020

Probably best to buy on steel bracelet and negotiate the leather into the purchase price at the same time.