Forums Latest Members

AQUA TERRA 150M OMEGA MASTER CO-AXIAL 41.5 MM

1. Pboned Aug 7, 2017

Model: 231.10.42.21.01.003

Would anyone be able to give me their options of this watch? I've had some Tag Heaure watches in the past and looking at this Omega watch now.

Any pluses / Cons?

Watchmaxx.com has this watch for roughly $3500 New. Would it be okay buying from this business?

Thank you,

2. Shailor Aug 7, 2017

Reputable seller. I wouldn't be concerned.

Pboned likes this.
  3. keepitsimple Aug 7, 2017

I have the 38mm (38.5 ?) version. A great design, and as you should expect for the price, very well made and finished. It's a good all rounder watch - can dress up or down. 8500 co-axial movement which is well regarded and keeps good time.

Couple of things I don't like (although these may be personal to me)

1) the bracelet - has a butterfly type clasp which I find awkward, and the centre links are polished which is a bit blingy and will scratch quickly. It has no small "on the wrist" adjustment like the Rolex and some other bracelets have, which let you loosen/tighten as your wrist changes size slightly. Mine is now on a brown alligator strap with an Omega deployment clasp, which is very comfortable.

2) there is no "quick set" date option. It is replaced by the quick set hour hand. Useful if you cross time zones a lot, not such a good option if it's a watch you wear in rotation, and so need to re-set the date. However, I'm on holiday in a few weeks and crossing time zones a lot, so I might think differently after that ;)

I don't know the Watchmaxx business, so can't comment, but if it were me, I'd be getting this model from somewhere before the messed around with 2017 versions are the only ones out there - although that could be some time I guess.

Pboned likes this.
  4. _Omega_ Aug 7, 2017

I love mine. That said, I am leery of grey market. I had this one sent back for warranty repair and was grateful I had purchased from an AD. I'm sure most people never have an issue but it is something to factor into the decision.

IMG_5076.JPG

Buster, keepitsimple and Pboned like this.
  5. Pboned Aug 7, 2017

Thank you for the replys guys. I appreciate the info. Would anyone know the year this watch came out?

I seen this watch and fell in love with it lol. Unfortunately it's out of my range right now

Rolex 126334

6. esk1 Aug 7, 2017

This is the case for all the watches with the 8500 movements. I love this feature. It makes the watch so much easier to set if you travel or change watches. I'll take this over a traditional date set any day.

7. keepitsimple Aug 7, 2017

Agree about travel, but definitely not if you wear a lot of different watches and have to re-start them and re-set the date.

jcmartinez98 likes this.
  8. keepitsimple Aug 7, 2017

Fairly recently - 2014 I think. It got the anti-magnetic "master co-axial" movement, and lost the distracting outline around the date at the same time.

9. keepitsimple Aug 7, 2017

Unless you really must have a date, the 214270 is a much better deal IMO. I'm wearing one now, but tomorrow, it will be the AT ....possibly :unsure:

10. _Omega_ Aug 7, 2017

Another photo of the AT MC in blue.

IMG_5118.JPG

Buster and keepitsimple like this.
  11. waterproofpt Aug 10, 2017

I have this one .... in white. Great watch and quite versatile.

FullSizeRender.jpg

nurseford25 likes this.
  12. Pboned Aug 10, 2017

Nice watches guys. I'm leaning towards the black one right now.

13. abstruse1 Aug 12, 2017

Nice watches. Lume very small and hard to see after a few dark hours and the tiny lume areas on the hands get lost when right over an hour marker.