Forums Latest Members

Aqua Terra 150 M bracelet gap (231.10.39.21.03.002)

1. akms Apr 7, 2016

Hi guys,

long time lurker, first time poster. A week ago I took the plunge and ordered my first new Omega from authenticwatches.com

It arrived today and after unboxing I instantly noticed the gaps between the bracelet and watch casing.

Can anyone confirm if this is normal?

20160408_123656.jpg 20160408_123702.jpg
  2. billyblue Apr 9, 2016

Hi,

not sure here. I think it varies quite a bit. On the same watch as yours I've owned for a few months it was almost perfect. On the PO I've owned the year before the end link wobbled for at least 1mm. I've also seen gaps window shopping, so this is not uncommon, but quite a bit extreme in this case.

3. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Apr 9, 2016

is that gap variable (e.g. can you put the bracelet in a position that the gap closes)?

if yes, than its probably a matter of bending the "ears / tabs" on the inside up - that should leverage the gap shut ... I'd have the AD/OB doing this, just in case things go pearshaped ;-)

cheers

ps: just to add insult to injury ( :D ) my 45 year old speedy sits completetly flush - you might use this argument for the AD

4. Cosd Apr 9, 2016

Mine is the 41.5mm if that matters, and mine is completely flush without any gap.

5. akms Apr 10, 2016

Thanks for the replies. The gaps are not normal as confirmed by a few others on another forum and after handling one in an Omega Boutique.
    I have requested a refund from AW, however their CS replies are shocking. At first they denied it was a defect but after pressing further they acknowledged it but refused to pay for return shipping (which is expensive as I'm in Hong Kong) and want to deduct initial shipping costs and possible 10% restocking fee from the refund. This is not including their evaluation of the watch upon return, meaning I could lose more money if they think the watch or accessories have been used/damaged in any way (which they haven't).
    After providing evidence of the defects and stating their own T&Cs against them, they have now ceased communication with me.

Stay away from this company.

6. billyblue Apr 10, 2016

Have you ordered the watch without research on the seller? Exact the same things you are mentioning above can be found in threads here in the forum.

Lesson's learned [emoji6]

7. akms Apr 10, 2016

I did read about them, but in the end it was a gamble that didn't pay off. I gathered that they would send a genuine watch, but if there were any problems with it you'd be stuffed, which is exactly what's happened to me. They offered a substantial saving (around 35%) compared to the meager 3% the Omega stores offer here, so I thought it was worth the risk. As you said, lesson learned.

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 10, 2016

Have you checked that they are using the correct spring bars, or that the bars are not bent? If spring bars that are too small are used, they can allow the end link to move away from the watch head, causing the gap you have. I would check these simple things first before sending it back...

OMGRLX likes this.
  9. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Apr 10, 2016

yep, along the same line: fatter springbars might do the trick ...

I mean if you think of your problem from a pure physical pov ... (and assuming all parts are genuine) ... you just need to align the holes (head and bracelet)

best o'luck

ps: dont let that take away from the pleasure of owning such a nice watch :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:::love::

OMGRLX likes this.
  10. Cosd Apr 10, 2016

Can you feel any play in the link closest to the bezel?

Like others have said, check the spring bars but be careful not to mark the watch of doing it yourself.

11. Mr Bing Apr 10, 2016

I bought the same watch 3 weeks ago. This is a pic from the day I got it....no gap.
    image.png

OMGRLX likes this.
  12. Peecmkr Apr 10, 2016

They are known for their horrible customer service. Sorry for your difficulty.