Forums Latest Members
  1. Matt-C Oct 5, 2015

Hi all

I've just complete my upgrade to 'El Capitan' on my now aging Mid 2010 MBP and all seems OK. If anything it seems a bit 'snappier' than it did on Mavericks, I skipped Yosemite after reading a number of reviews saying there were potential performance issue with this machine.

If anything at present it just seems that the boot is slower than previous but, fingers cross most things look OK.

Anyone else performed this upgrade and is able to comment?

Cheers.

2. billyblue Oct 5, 2015

Just completed the update on my early 2013 MBP, and so far don't realize any performance difference to Yosemite...if that's good or bad. One thing good: in photos app you can now see the upload of images to the iCloud progress.

3. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Oct 5, 2015

until Office 2016 is compatible I have to hold off. The beta has been ongoing for 6 months, yet Microsoft still doesn't play nice...pretty pathetic.

4. map782 Oct 5, 2015

I upgraded my 2012 Macbook and so far so good. My safari browser seems slightly snappier and everything seems to be pretty stable.

5. tegee26 Oct 5, 2015

Ditto here....downloaded today and looks and feels snappy.

So far so good.

6. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Oct 5, 2015

I have it both of my laptop and iMac and there is a difference in performance. I also do like some of the new features as it relates to iOS 9 compatibility on notes etc.

7. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Oct 10, 2015

Be warned if you use Nikon and the Nikon editing software it will not work with El Capitan with the only fix being to go back to Yosemite. I found out the hard way:mad: