Forums Latest Members
  1. Matt-C Apr 5, 2013

Hi All

I've posted this on an Apple forum also but I know some members here have Apple products so I thought I'd chance it here as well.

I've just started my MacBook Pro this evening and was presented with an 'App Store' popup asking for my Apple ID password. The user name was already populated it just wanted the password. It gave the option to enter it and press OK or cancel. I cancelled it and rebooted but it came up again at start-up. Has anyone any ideas what it might be about or better still how to clear it?

The message reads -

MZFinance.InAppBuyLoginRequired_message

Cheers
    Matt

2. AuBuyer Posh Nouveau Yank Apr 5, 2013

Apple is requiring authorization now for in App purchases due the the "kids" running up hundreds of dollars on their parents accounts. Should be okay to do but check with Apple just to be safe.

You may also have an app called MZFinance of that is the developer and they are wanting to verify your info for future in App purchaes.

3. Matt-C Apr 5, 2013

Thanks

I thought about the in app purchase, but I haven't done any although the kids did use the laptop yesterday. The problem seems to be whenever I cancel it, it comes back again on reboot?

4. AuBuyer Posh Nouveau Yank Apr 6, 2013

May just have to go on and click it and try to cancel it. Small risk because of the OS on Mac. If you have an issue I am sure Apple can fix it. Good luck!

5. Tritium Apr 6, 2013

image.jpg Try to go to System Preferences down in the dock. Then enter in User and Groups and thrre you have an option to change the apple id

6. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Apr 6, 2013

Strangely enough two of the iphones at home yesterday began asking for Apple id passwords, hit cancel and life as normal ?
    No apparent reason that I can think of, just a **** nuisance.
    The other two at iphone towers have no problems at all :unsure:

7. Ronald E Brown Jul 7, 2016

I too have received the same pop-up message from MZFinance.InAppBuyLogin with my Apple User ID. and requesting my Apple ID password. I decline the request by clicking cancel. This message was the second attempt I have received in the last two days. I hope Apple would come out soon with a solution to resolve this problem that I'm sure many Mac users are experiencing.

8. tyrantlizardrex Jul 7, 2016

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 7, 2016

3 year old thread, not watch related brought back from the dead, typed in bold by a new account not asking for help... Spammer

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  10. tyrantlizardrex Jul 7, 2016

Doh!

Should have looked at the other post dates ::facepalm1::