Forums Latest Members
  1. MPWATCH Watch Lover Dec 2, 2016

It has come to my attention that, in a round about way, I have given an ill fated impression of my mission here on OF. I apologize to the community for causing any frustration through my lazy questioning. I should have instead pursued information myself before bringing it the forums. My idea of this forum originally was learning from thousands of teachers who share my same passion in watch collecting. Harmless as it may be, I now understand fully that is not the proper etiquette here on the forum. Moving forward, I apologize for any issues up to this point and will tread lightly in a hopes to restore my reputation as an honest user trying to master vintage Omega in an organic way. I'd like to personally thank all parties involved for explaining my negative impact on the forum & will be prompt in my adaptation to community norms.

Best,

Thomas

Lonestar, Chye, marturx and 11 others like this.
  2. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Dec 2, 2016

Well, don't ever do that again... (whatever you think you did wrong) LOL

It's a public forum.. we learn along the way..

3. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 2, 2016

You seem like a decent enthusiastic guy but I too have wondered at times whether you were simply chasing the 200 post mark. Prove me wrong by not posting 5 sales with posts 201-205 and no apology will be needed and I am sure those who you feel are on your case will relax a little.

Davidt, efauser, Rman and 5 others like this.
  4. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Dec 2, 2016

They can all calm down now..... :rolleyes:
    Simpsons-angry-mob-pitchfork-torches.jpg

Edited Dec 2, 2016
  5. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Dec 2, 2016

:whipped: Apology accepted.

6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Dec 2, 2016

Huh? Believe me when someone is misbehaving it is pretty obvious. I see nothing to justify any critique you may have recieved.

MPWATCH and blubarb like this.
  7. ATWG Dec 2, 2016

No worries, enjoy the ride and don't take things too seriously.

Lonestar, al128 and MPWATCH like this.
  8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 2, 2016

For those that missed it, I have all ready explained the situation above in another thread. Given the large number new members in the last year that have been post farming, posting "Uncle watches" , posting "tell me all about this watch and do it now", type posts, I understand the membership being on guard and suspicious. But let's be both cautious and welcoming. Remember we can always toss the connivers when they show their true colors, they always do.

9. ulackfocus Dec 2, 2016

@MPWATCH -

Thomas, if you were blatantly devious I would have called you out publicly. It's kinda my thing. So either I missed something or you didn't do anything egregiously wrong.

(Man, I hope I didn't miss an opportunity for some hazing!)

10. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 2, 2016

No problems here.

Your posts are getting better and more thought out each time.

Only about 20 away. ;):p
    gatorcpa

11. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Dec 2, 2016

Hi Thomas, I too like others noticed some hyperactivity but I also immediately noticed there was a bona fide discussion and interest involved.
    In those circumstances as far as I know there isn't anything wrong in chasing the 200 post mark.
    (For all I know I probably did the same thing when I signed up-- the irony being that I have never even posted a watch for sale since.)
    If being chatty were a crime a lot of us would be locked up.
    Best regards,
    S

PS- I actually like "uncle posts". They're a bit like surprise candy. You never know what to expect.

cicindela, gostang9, Edantony and 5 others like this.
  12. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 2, 2016

I think it is the near 200 posts in 2 weeks which has raised some eyebrows but if the content is interesting then all is fine.

13. ConElPueblo Dec 2, 2016

I haven't noticed a thing.

Then again, in the finest OF tradition, I'm posting drunk.

Like. A. Skunk.

14. meganfox17 Dec 2, 2016

This 0ne's for You @Syrte[​IMG]

15. meganfox17 Dec 2, 2016

I didnt notice anything..... @MPWATCH [emoji4]Anyway I've been observing 2 funny dudes on the forum who have "split seconds " double chronograph personalities yeah ...like a Rattrapante

Edited Dec 2, 2016
    Miss_Bourginskay and MPWATCH like this.
  16. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 2, 2016

Mmm, Have you applied for the European moderator position?

17. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Dec 2, 2016

Miss @meganfox17, that'll qualify as a compliment. :D
    Thankfully we can always count on you to add some fun and spice to any discussion.

18. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Dec 2, 2016

IMG_5388.JPG

19. ConElPueblo Dec 2, 2016

I was about to post a new thread about a Seamaster 300 I had just missed on eBay, but realised that I could barely post anything readable here, much less manage to construct several coherent sentences in a row. So here is the link. When the alcohol evaporates, the level of annoyance over missing a bargain due to drunken messaging over FB will probably rise quite a bit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omega-Sea...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

£1800? Yes please.

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  20. ulackfocus Dec 2, 2016

One of the few movies that I liked better than the original.

Jwit, RawArcher and meganfox17 like this.