Forums Latest Members

Apollo XII - XVII Photobook - Omega Forum Members Limited Edition. 20 Numbered Copies.

1. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 8, 2017

Hello peeps.

I have teamed up with the publishers of this fantastic book to bring you an Omega Forums Limited Edition version, there will be 20 examples only that will be dedicated to OF members only.

It runs through the entire NASA Apollo Missions from Apollo XII - Apollo XVII.

A truly stunning book that anyone that loves or collects the Omega Speedmaster or loves anything Apollo/NASA related must have!

The book will also come with a Limited Edition print (To be decided) from the book that is not available to purchase and has been printed for OF members only. The quality of this book is absolutely fantastic and the images are simply stunning. Both the book and print will have matching numbers, for example '01/20'. If it turns out we have more subscribers I might increase it like I did with the Moonwatch only Books.

Size of the print:

19.7" x 19.7" (50 x 50 cm)

2 EXAMPLE PRINT IMAGES

C-printStarsStripes_large.jpg

Poster-4_large.jpg

The Book

161207_Book_Front.jpg

Description

Photography has become a crucial technique for documenting the history of mankind. The early exploration of space is one such historical event, unrivalled among humanity’s achievements. Fortunately, the skill and daring of a very particular group of ‘photographers’, the Apollo astronauts, were able to bring back beautiful, moving and instantly recognizable images. It is these images that created a new understanding to what it means to be human, living on this planet and its relation to the sun and the stars.

This book presents 225 of these photographs in large print format. Restoring imagery from the original scans of 70mm film rolls the astronauts shot during the program. The book contains a variety of images, ranging from shots taken through the windows of the Command Module of the specular views found on the Earth’s surface, surreal and abstract black and white photography of the lunar surface, to photographs of each of the 12 men in their space suits walking on the surface of the moon.

The book also has a unique and exclusive short essay written by Apollo 7 astronaut, Walt Cunningham, who flew on the very first manned Apollo mission. The essay focuses on his pioneering experimentation and testing of the Hasselblad camera that flew with him on board. It was his endeavours that created the foundations for his fellow Apollo astronauts.

PRICE: £250 for the pair including free worldwide shipping. You can select a number from 1-20 but you might need to be very quick as we found out with the Moonwatch Only books.

Payment: Strictly via PayPal Gift only - Details given when you message.

Required Information: Full shipping address, email and phone number (all kept confidential) VIA MESSAGE ONLY

Book specifications:

320 pages, including one fold-out insert (170gsm paper),
    11.8 x 11.8 x 1.5 inches (30 x 30 x 3.8 cm),
    Italian linen bound with foil blocking on the cover and spine.

Example Photos:

Spread1.jpg Spread2.jpg Spread5.jpg Spread3.jpg Spread8.jpg Spread10.jpg Spread12.jpg Spread14.jpg Spread16.jpg Spread19.jpg Spread21.jpg Spread22.jpg Spread24.jpg

All I need now is the names of anyone thats interested:

1 KKT
    11 RESERVED
    17 AMPHIB44

If you have any questions or to reserve one please message me with the subject 'APOLLO BOOK' V V IMPORTANT!

Thanks

D

Edited Dec 19, 2017
    CTS-V and WYO_Watch like this.
  2. TJH Dec 8, 2017

I picked up one of these earlier in the year and can't recommend it enough...such an epic tome!

DLT222 likes this.
  3. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 19, 2017

Not many takers of this which surprises me.

4. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Dec 19, 2017

I see the standard version's available for £84 and perhaps that's comfortable for those only interested in the content. It's then a matter of how one measures the added value of a limited sub-edition and the prints - I imagine this is of interest mainly to people who think they might make a profitable resale. My feeling at the moment is that the market is quite soft for this sort of thing - only a feeling, and I wish you well with the enterprise.

5. Lowflight Dec 19, 2017

I need that in my life

6. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 20, 2017

It is £84 at the current conversion for the book.

If you want to buy an additional print its more expensive, plus these are 20 prints that are NOT available to buy and especially printed for the OF and individually numbered as is the book so they match.