Forums Latest Members

SOLD Apollo XI 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Speedmaster, Complete + Extras $4400

1. repoman Nov 24, 2017

I offer for sale a 2009 Speedmaster Professional, reference 145.0303 (aka 311.30.42.30.01.002), Apollo XI 40th Anniversary Limited Edition. This is complete with box, papers, and several extras described below. Although I like having this watch as part of my collection, another large purchase has forced me to sell three of my watches, this being the third, and hopefully last.

I am asking $4400 USD

The watch is located in southern California. This includes domestic shipping, fully insured via Parcel Pro. I can ship internationally, which will be done at the buyers additional expense, full value declared. A face to face transaction can be arranged in southern California. I have bought and sold several items on Omega Forums, and rolexforums.com and can provide references at your request. I ask that funds be provided by paypal (gift, or add 4%), bank wire, via check/cashiers check, or cash in person. I am a private collector and rarely sell any of my watches. I will go overboard to disclose all issues with any watch I am selling. My reputation in the community is worth more to me than profiteering. All funds must be received prior to the watch being shipped. I do entertain offers, and do not get offended by any offer. If I don't accept your offer, I will either politely decline, counter, or not respond, at my discretion.

Detailed description: Pictures accurately show the condition of the watch, which I would described as "very good"; I have worn the watch roughly 5 times in the 1.5 years. I purchased the watch from a private collector in exactly the condition it is in now. Service history is unknown, but all functions work exactly as expected. This edition comes with a distinctive 9 o'clock subdial mission emblem, and engraved caseback showing an Eagle landing on the moon. This is one of Omega's best limited edition caseback's. Red accents on the chrono hand and dial lettering are a nice touch which make this reference stand apart. Also included in this package are:

- Inner and outer box
    - All 3 Omega service cards and sleeve
    - Extra links for the 1958 bracelet (with 857 endlinks)
    - Microfibre towel included in original kit, unused
    - Certificate of Authenticity
    - Two Apollo XI mission patches, the 40th anniversary patch included in the original kit, and the original Apollo XI mission patch purchased separately and added to the package)
    - Two coin/medallions, one included in the original box from Omega, and one is from NASA which includes metal from the Apollo XI, purchased separately and added to the package
    - Original sales receipt and dealer guarantee card
    - The Special Edition newspaper included in the original kit, in good condition
    - And best of all, the very hard to find 40th anniversary writing pen in the aluminum case. These were given as limited promotional items, mostly to VIPs at the time. They come up on Ebay infrequently, and usually fetch several hundred dollars alone. The pen is in new condition.

Disclosures: No hang tag. Service history is unknown. The original caseback sticker was stuck on the lining of the inner box by the original owner, and I wouldn't recommend trying to pull it off as it will likely rip the lining. Watch has the usual assortment of very fine scratches on the case, and crystal, but overall no dings/dents or abuse. In the pictures, I have blurred out the serial number,which I can provide along with additional hi-res photo's via request.

40Speedy.jpg 40Speedy-2.jpg 40Speedy-3.jpg 40Speedy-4.jpg 40Speedy-5.jpg 40Speedy-6.jpg 40Speedy-7.jpg 40Speedy-8.jpg 40Speedy-9.jpg 40Speedy-10.jpg 40Speedy-11.jpg 40Speedy-12.jpg 40Speedy-13.jpg 40Speedy-14.jpg 40Speedy-15.jpg 40Speedy-16.jpg 40Speedy-17.jpg 40Speedy-18.jpg

Edited Dec 7, 2017
  2. repoman Nov 26, 2017

Bump

3. khanmu Nov 26, 2017

Good luck with the sale - it’s a great set with a good price - I’d buy it if I didn’t already have one. It’s also the one I wear the most to work - smart, restrained, the dial has a little more than the normal one but restrained and not OTT...

repoman likes this.
  4. repoman Nov 30, 2017

bump

5. repoman Dec 2, 2017

Reduced ask to help stimulate the market :D

6. repoman Dec 7, 2017

bump, make offers or it might just go back in the safe for another 5 years.

Taddyangle likes this.
  7. repoman Dec 8, 2017

SOLD! Thanks Omega Forums.

Edited Dec 10, 2017
    Taddyangle and oddboy like this.