Forums Latest Members
  1. Boony Dec 11, 2018

[​IMG]
    Being retailed by Xupes in Bishops Stortford, Herts, UK.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233042385188?ul_noapp=truePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Comes with an extract and original box... though that isn't pictured. Not the nicest lume on the dial, or what's left of it but what a logo!!

VintageWatchIta likes this.
  2. Boony Dec 11, 2018

Looks right to me - can't see the LE number on the case back but may just be faint. Any thoughts on this one? Would you want to pay 44 grand for a watch where the dial is so important!? Would you re-lume or leave it as it is?

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 11, 2018

4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Dec 11, 2018

All original with modern 633? I'm more interested in the time machine!

5. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Dec 11, 2018

You have to go with the basics.
    Are the pushers 5.5mm? I do not think so.
    What is the LTD no? I cant see one
    What does the extract say? I cant see one
    Is the box original to the watch? Well ask the vendor to put the watch in the box and see if it closes.... Recently an Italian vendor sold about 5 sets of these boxes and patches for Soyuz for $600. I bought one, and the box wont fit the speedmaster! I still kept it.

This is, as they say, an assembly from parts. More would be revealed if we saw an extract, and, measured the pushers.

Its a spectacular kite.

6. Boony Dec 11, 2018

Amazing

7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 11, 2018

My personal favorite is how they are describing this watch... It's not part of the official 500 ( carefully worded to avoid actually clearly saying it) and MAYBE part of the "De Marchi Kit" watches. Then describing the 500 or 400+100 theory but not actually saying this watch is one of those. My guess is the extract does not state Italy or AS on it. Seriously this is a master class on how to right a massively misleading but legally correct description when you know a watch may not actually be what it appears to be.

more shots here https://www.xupes.com/watches/produ...llo-soyuz-dial-stainless-steel-st1450022.html

fskywalker and Spacefruit like this.
  8. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Dec 11, 2018

Oh you are wrong my friend. ;)...Right from the lead intro:

"As only one of 500 pieces, this model in its particular condition is extremely rare and sought-after amongst Omega Speedmaster collectors global"

So he is actually saying its one of the 500. Isnt he? I must say my head is spinning with so much duplicitous bollocks

müslüm, Boony and Foo2rama like this.
  9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 11, 2018

I still think they hedged bets on it being disproven later. There is wiggle room that, that line could be legeally construed as referring to the model and not that watch. I’m also curious how a 30m production has a 75-76 extract as they appear to say.

10. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Dec 11, 2018

I think when sensible people (us - obviously) try to decipher this we split hairs while Rome burns,
    and dives us to mixed metaphors.

And lets see that extract...perhaps one of us should get in touch.

müslüm, ext1, Gefa and 2 others like this.
  11. alam Dec 11, 2018

but will it fly? :)

12. Boony Dec 12, 2018

Asked for an extract... swear it said on the ad there was one... but they have stated there isn't (because its a ‘Di Marchi’).

13. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 12, 2018

Well it is at least another name for the list of lying and cheating bell-end vendors. Now do I put them above or below P*i*l*p*? I love it when they self-identify.

14. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Dec 12, 2018

15. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 12, 2018

They have updated the description.

Looks like omega will not call it an AS. Interesting note correct bracelet?

fskywalker likes this.
  16. fskywalker Dec 12, 2018

::popcorn::

17. tyrantlizardrex Dec 13, 2018

“We believe this example is consistent with everything other than the movement and the chronograph pushers.”

Now I’m not a Speedmaster expert, but I do have a Masters in Bullshit, and this is some of the best I’ve ever seen.

For anyone that’s not studied grade A BS in its natural environment, the above translates as:

“It’s almost what we say it is, except it doesn’t have a movement from the correct range, the correct pushers, the serial numbered caseback, or the original paperwork. Oh, and Omega won’t issue us paperwork that states it is what we say it is, because they say it’s not what we say it is, but are too Swiss to call us liars and charlatans. £45k please”

And dealers wonder why we tend not to trust them

Sheesh.

18. bags1971 Dec 13, 2018

Looks like they dropped the price in line with the BS :)

fskywalker likes this.
  19. Apollo-Soyuz Dec 16, 2018

this company XUPES, after a few months from their last auction, has a second Omega AS watch available .... and, instead of taking new photographs, has decided to publish those of the first auction.
    apart from this, I do not understand (but probably because of my mediocre English) if XUPES is in possession of the Extract d Archive or not?

premised and proven that the De Marchi brothers could not create watches but only distribute them, this is Apollo Soyuz out of the game or a legitimate child?

I keep repeating the same thing from over 10 years ... Omega should have done a little 'clarity immediately, perhaps so he would have avoided the worst and/or situations like this; watches that do not belong to the known series but not even to the series with movements preceding the range declared by Omega.

20. tyrantlizardrex Dec 16, 2018

It is not a second watch. It is the same watch.