Apollo 17 LE Speedmaster Unnumbered caseback?

Hi OF
This caseback came in a parts lot I bought recently. This is from a numbered edition LE with the number usually inscribed on the caseback, xxxx/3000. This one has no inscribed LE numbers.
IMG_8811.jpeg
What do you think? Service part that omega would add the correct number in as needed on an exchange basis? I would think that’s how they would do it, they wouldn’t keep pre-numbered spares laying around but a handful of these to use as needed?

What to do with it is the next question. While hard to get I doubt there is a lot of demand for this caseback. Any good ideas? Desk display, paperweight, anyone do anything fun with odd casebacks? Other than having astronauts sign them? (which is very cool! But too late in this instance)

Maybe wear it on a heavy chain 70s disco style? Help me out OF and come up with some other fun ideas of what to do with this while you are waiting for the eclipse!
🍿

Watchco had tons of stuff like this that they dumped on ebay about a decade ago, all these LE parts were selling for peanuts and in large numbers, most likely it’s from that or something similar. These were around 2012 from memory so the timing would be about right for that, Omega became much more restrictive after that as a massive number of frankens came out of Watchco’s garage sale.