Forums Latest Members

Apollo 13 In Real-Time....Another Ben Feist Masterpiece

1. TLIGuy Jun 16, 2019

As a follow-up to his award wining Apollo 17 In Real-Time website just in time for the Apollo 11 anniversary Ben Feist has created another masterpiece.

"This website replays the Apollo 11 mission as it happened, 50 years ago. It consists entirely of historical material, all timed to Ground Elapsed Time--the master mission clock. Footage of Mission Control, film shot by the astronauts, and television broadcasts transmitted from space and the surface of the Moon, have been painstakingly placed to the very moments they were shot during the mission, as has every photograph taken, and every word spoken."

Join Apollo 11 anytime during the mission to the exact second at Apollo 11 In Real-Time

Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 7.55.23 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 7.51.22 PM.jpg

As an interesting side note if you click on the the small search button to the right of the "COMMENTARY" tab and enter watch or stopwatch it will pull up all the references in the mission transcripts to watches and how and when they were referred to and used during the mission.

TLIGuy signing out.

Edited Jun 16, 2019
  2. BatDad Jun 16, 2019

The geek in me wonders if anyone is going to stream / replay these as they happened 50 years ago... it’s very tempting to keep my 6&3 yr old up to listen to a replay... Although - the thing to discuss with wife is ‘how real do we make this - will they have the concept of 50 yrs ago’ or just enjoy the time with Mom n Dad...

I suppose, for those who recall it personally, what are your recollections...

Personally - I’m very excited for July!!

3. TLIGuy Mar 14, 2020

As a follow-up to Apollo 11 In Real-Time and Apollo 17 In Real-Time website just in time for the Apollo 13 anniversary Ben Feist has created another masterpiece.

"This website replays the Apollo 13 mission as it happened, 50 years ago. It consists entirely of historical material, all timed to Ground Elapsed Time--the master mission clock. Footage of Mission Control, film shot by the astronauts, and television broadcasts transmitted from space."

Join Apollo 13 anytime during the mission to the exact second at Apollo 13 In Real-Time

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 6.56.48 AM.jpeg

Just like the Apollo 11 and Apollo 17 in Real-Time you can search the transcripts and audio for references to watches.

Below is Haise talking about his "Trusty watch"

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 7.07.11 AM.jpeg

4. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Mar 16, 2020

Apollo 13 launch as it was covered:

red crowned, Omegafanman and TJH like this.
  5. Canuck Mar 16, 2020

For days, I have tussled with the image in your avatar. Sure looks like Simon Helberg to me. He’s on TV, but I have never watched that particular program. Don’t even recall the name of the show to be honest. I really enjoyed him in the role of pianist Cosmo McMoon in the movie Florence Foster Jenkins! I enjoyed the movie so much, I bought the DVD. I think he stole the show. (Not a movie that was on everyones list of movies to see.) Is he in a space suit in your avatar?