Forums Latest Members

Apollo 13 Back In Theaters For 50th Anny.

1. vbrad26 Feb 14, 2020

Every time I make a "current events" thread it has already been posted (despite my search).
    So anywho, I'll try once more...

"If you missed your chance to see "Apollo 13" in theaters when it was first released in 1995, do we have a special treat for you.
    The blockbuster Hollywood film, based on a real-life emergency in space during the Apollo moon-landing era, is returning to select theaters in April for the mission's 50th anniversary, Space.com learned exclusively.
    Tickets will be available starting today (Feb. 12) for screenings at more than 600 movie theaters across the U.S. The special showings will take place on April 5, 6 and 8, cinema distributor Fathom Events said."

Link for tickets:

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/apollo-13-25th-anniversary/

Foo2rama, Walrus and SpeedyPhill like this.
  2. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Feb 14, 2020

Although Apollo 13 commander James Lovell contributed to the movie, cameo on the deck of the carrier, movie director Ron Howard forgot that Lovell always wore his watch on the right hand wrist ;)

vbrad26 likes this.
  3. vbrad26 Feb 14, 2020

Bought my tickets.
    I'll be going on Sunday April 5th.
    This was the movie that started my love affair with the Speedy.
    It came out (1995) when I was only 7, so I can hardly remember watching it in the theater, but I remember always watching it after it came out on...what was that called....not a DVD but before that....oh yeah, VHS!
    Lol.

SpeedyPhill likes this.
  4. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Feb 26, 2020

The real thing...

vbrad26, Eve and TJH like this.
  5. speedydownunder Feb 26, 2020

cool video

6. Nihon_Ni Feb 26, 2020

Very cool video, thanks!!