Forums Latest Members

Anyone's watch frozen to their wrist?

1. Mac5 Jan 30, 2019

Just curious to see how everyone is doing with the brutal cold weather hitting the upper midwest. I grew up in the St. Louis area and lived in Iowa for a number of years and remember battling the extreme cold. Winters like this is why I now live in FL. I hope everyone is staying warm and not doing anything to risk their lives and families lives in this bitterly cold winter. Warm up by the fire, enjoy you Omega watches and maybe scour the internet for your next purchase. :) Stay safe and stay warm!!!

[​IMG]

noelekal, OMEGuy, Jwit and 1 other person like this.
  2. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Jan 30, 2019

When I let the dogs out to go pee, They stop at the door and bark at me. I have to go outside with them to show solidarity in suffering or they won't go outside

It's only -38 with wind right now

From my oldest kid in Iowa

nlogax, Alpha, watchme and 5 others like this.
  3. Pvt-Public Jan 30, 2019

For years I used to wonder why the family moved away from Chicago. I always thought it was because my dads job transferred him. Now I think it was more because he was just tired of the winters.

4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jan 30, 2019

I LOVE living here. My wife however is agitating for warmer climes... she adores the area too but these vortex events are becoming more frequent. Snow birds ?

5. JPE.88305 Jan 30, 2019

-18 (-38 wc) where I'm at...family in northern WI have -29 (-51 wc).
    Car definitely didn't want to start at 6 this morning....

I recall hearing from some military folks that when stationed in Germany they had the Polizei called on them for letting their car run in the AM to warm it up--any truth to that??

6. abrod520 Jan 30, 2019

Yes, in some countries / municipalities it's illegal to leave your car running while you're not inside it. Cuts down on emissions but also thefts. Makes good sense too since the fastest way to warm up your car is to drive it, anyway

7. JPE.88305 Jan 30, 2019

lots of plastic and rubber parts (including belts) in modern cars that are much more stressed in temps of -20 F...you can't just get on the interstate and accelerate to normal speeds after just starting your engine in those kinds of temps...
    less emissions to let it sit using minimal gas than drive it around the block a few times.