Anyone wearing a Speedmaster on an oyster bracelet?

Normally wear my speedmaster on a bulang strap, but just recently picked up an aftermarket oyster bracelet after seeing photos of the Apollo Soyuz bracelet.

Hoping Forstner or Uncle Seiko might consider a Soyuz 1168 reissue at some point.

Anyone else have a non-standard bracelet on their Speedy?
Edited:

16123757.jpg

The Soyuz style could be cool but I think Omega has enough bracelet options in its lineup without having to go with an actual Oyster. The flat link on the 60th anniversary and 50th anniversary Apollo 11 spring to mind as really good similar designs.

The Soyuz style could be cool but I think Omega has enough bracelet options in its lineup without having to go with an actual Oyster. The flat link on the 60th anniversary and 50th anniversary Apollo 11 spring to mind as really good similar designs.

the Soyuz is one of the best bracelets Omega ever made for the Speedmaster imho.

Love to wear my Moonwatches on it 👍

BEDBAC6E-C553-44AB-A2B4-5AD472693202.jpeg 6B16C2E0-3732-44F2-914C-F9A0CA1509ED.jpeg

Anyone else have a non-standard bracelet on their Speedy?

I guess you also found a way to fit aftermarket Audi wheels on your BMW ? 🍿

the Soyuz is one of the best bracelets Omega ever made for the Speedmaster imho.

Love to wear my Moonwatches on it 👍

BEDBAC6E-C553-44AB-A2B4-5AD472693202.jpeg 6B16C2E0-3732-44F2-914C-F9A0CA1509ED.jpeg

I guess you also found a way to fit aftermarket Audi wheels on your BMW ? 🍿

Yes the 1168 is a fantastic looking bracelet. That's great bezel too. Telemeter is great for thunderstorms.

Aftermarket will have to do until I can find the real thing.

guess you also found a way to fit aftermarket Audi wheels on your BMW ? 🍿

Maybe not. But continuing the analogy, you would certainly fit BBS

Years ago I tried a Rolex jubilee on a Speedmaster.
The look and comfort was great. The intermingling of the brands felt wrong.
I guess that's what Holzers are for.

Cheers,
-GW
IMG_7871.jpg

Here's my FOIS on a cheap, riveted oyster:

20200523_200615-jpg.994355

It fits the 50s style of the FOIS well, IMO. It is a superb piece of kit and has relegated my 1125 to the bottom of the strap drawer.

Many years ago I put my Heuer on a secondhand Oyster, it felt fine because it was cheaper than a new leather strap, and that mattered at the time. After 45 years together like that they are just "the odd couple". I'm sure I would not have thrown the old strap away but wish I could find it, there's an original '60s Heuer buckle on it.

I have the same generic rivet oyster Troels has, got it on eBay and was surprised that it’s really well made- solid links, screws to hold the removable links instead of being rivets (but look like rivets)....some could argue....better than the originals 😗

Just when I think I'm getting the hang of vintage watch conventional wisdom, I learn that brand-mingling is an issue to watch out for.

I guess that's what Holzers are for.

Cheers,
-GW
IMG_7871.jpg
Just when I think I'm getting the hang of vintage watch conventional wisdom, I learn that brand-mingling is an issue to watch out for.

I didnt realise either. The Audi reps on a BMW analogy cuts deep haha.

Its a grey area with the Speedmaster though as the application its most known for they used JB mesh bracelets and velcro straps. I don't automatically think of a particular bracelet. Maybe you'd think of the 1039 as the definitve definitive bracelet, but the 1168 to me is the best looking.

I think with Speedmasters it’s anything goes- with Rolex it’s Jubilee, Oyster or strap.

Currently trying a 1156/6... it fits the 633s I already had. Nicely made, a bit heavy, and has stretchy links too. It is narrower than 20mm but the rivets clear the lugs, no risk of fouling them.

DSC_6314.jpeg
DSC_6315.jpeg

Old thread I know but just ordered an 1168 from Uncle Seiko. I’ve only had my Speedmaster for just over 3 years now and tried various bracelets including the original with adjustable clasp conversion. I’ve never been happy with this bracelet as it feels too heavy for the watch. Next up was an original new issue 1171. Rattly and way over priced. Next US 1171 and brushed flat link which I replaced the clasp covers with Old style Omega versions. These are amazing bracelets for the money and imo way better than other after market options. I then bought a Forstner JB mesh a couple of months back which suits the watch well but just not hitting the spot for me. After wearing a Submariner for 20 years plus Since ‘85 I’ve always liked the oyster style bracelet so when I saw the Soyuz Speedmaster I knew I’d have to try an !168. Hopefully my strap search is done! Probably be a month before I get it and fit but will report back etc.

How is the 1168 holding up? I have the US1171 and Forstner 1450 but now I’m intrigued by this new offering. Forstner also has an oyster available now but it looks more like a Rolex oyster compared to the 1168.

US1168 is my favorite speedmaster bracelet. The ONLY downside is it hasn’t got the folded center links of the original. It also has slightly less taper than the original at the watch head (first 3 links) either side but you don’t notice unless you’re scrutinising. I prefer the old style clasps on what is basically a 60’s watch, 321, 861 and 1861’s. I just swap out the cover for an Omega marked one. Not a fan of the spring link bracelets from Forstner. I’m sure they are good but not my thing. I’ll probably sell my us1171 and flat link as this Soyuz strap will be staying on. The only reason I don’t sell the original bracelet is to keep the set complete! oh before I forget, the solid end links supplied with the Soyuz would not allow the pins to engage fully in my watch so I had to use the ones from my US1171. I prefer the folded end pieces anyway as again they are more in keeping with the old feel of a hesalite moonwatch.
Edited:

taper difference. Original first. Uncle Seiko 2nd. Not a huge difference but it’s there.