Forums Latest Members

Anyone Still Using Photobucket?

1. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 17, 2013

Although the editing and resizing features are more cumbersome with the new site upgrade, I'm finding it much faster to navigate these days. I thought I was going to hate it, but my feeling are more mixed-to-positive.

Any other thoughts?

2. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Mar 17, 2013

I like it. Almost every wrist shot I take goes from iPhone5 to PhotoBucket Mobile to Tapatalk. PhotoBucket full site for everything else.

3. danomar Mar 17, 2013

The new site is indeed much quicker and it is easier to upload using drag-and-drop. The owners indicated that some new features like different sorting by individual album are coming. I will glad when it is implemented. My biggest gripe is how one preference establishes sorting for all albums. Otherwise, I still prefer PhotoBucket to most other photo sharing sites.

4. MyVintageOmega Mar 17, 2013

My images are still on photobucket but I rarely sign into it any more.....I like to use http://www.bluemelon.com/ as you can get a free account & load about a thousand Images to it. Also I like their slideshow feature.

5. MyVintageOmega Mar 17, 2013

This is one of my pageantry images over there.
    [​IMG]

Wetworks likes this.
  6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Mar 17, 2013

I'm still having problem with the new site.

First, when I click on the gear at the top right of the picture to get the links, the whole page gets grayed out with nothing happening. I can go to the individual picture page and get the links there. Running Windows 8 with 8GB of RAM, so I don't know what the problem is.

Second, the "organize" feature of click and drag editing to reorder photos on the site is still inactive.

Mobile site is still great, but no edit features there that I can find.
    gatorcpa

PS - If there are more pictures like that on Bluemelon, I'll need to check it out.

7. ulackfocus Mar 17, 2013

I don't like how slow it is to scroll though your entire album. You move down a handful of pics and it pauses to load new ones. It can get tiresome waiting when you have to get a shot at the end of your album.

porschefan likes this.