Forums Latest Members
  1. Terrypo Sep 22, 2017

Purchased this watch recently on the "Bay" so it is in my possession, not a considered piece.

Seller described as :
    "Very rare to find Omega model from 1965, quite unique. This incredible find is in all-original condition, from the case, crown and dial to the movement, strap and buckle. Its square-shaped case gleams in 18k yellow gold and bears an unusual striped dial. Ticking inside a reliable mechanical manual wind movement, Omega Caliber 620. A pure Omega rarely seen in the market."

After searching the web, I have been unable to find another example and wondering if any OF members have any input?
    Size is 29mm x 29.5mm. Not sure if this dial was fabricated or is an original Omega piece.

Thanks in advance for any input, either critical or informative.

Images are by the seller.

omegasq2.jpg omegasq8.jpg omegasq9.jpg omegasq9c.jpg omegasq9d.jpg omegasq9e.jpg omegasq9f.jpg
  2. Terrypo Sep 22, 2017

Forgot to mention, there is a tiny "SWISS MADE" at the bottom of the dial that does not show in the photos.

3. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Sep 22, 2017

This got me going down a rabbit hole. I'm sure that you have done all I have, and the main thing I found out was that according to the Omega Vintage database (which is incomplete) there is no direct match, but a heap of close relatives fitted with cal.620 movements with similar model references around that time.

Unless some of the gurus here can shed further light on it, the best bet might be to contact Omega directly.

For what it's worth, I quite like it :)

Edited Sep 22, 2017
  4. Terrypo Sep 22, 2017

Thanks Mouse
    I did attempt to order an extract of the archives, but Omega refunded my payment and replied that they had insufficient information to supply an extract for this watch.

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 22, 2017

I was on board until I saw the serial... my guess was 80's quartz. Mid 60's was a far second guess.

I don't see how this could be a redial. But I know nothing of this nor the hundreds of 620 movement models out there.