Forums Latest Members
  1. michael e Still learning. May 9, 2016

I cannot find much conclusive info on these.
    I find watches like this very interesting, 99% sure it is all right but wondering what the story is?
    58 engraving instead of 53, movement serial higher than the 53s and ref 2777 instead of 2777-1.
    How many of these are out there?
    Thanks Michael
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar May 9, 2016

michael e likes this.
  3. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar May 9, 2016

4. michael e Still learning. May 9, 2016

5. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant May 11, 2016

some additional information:
    omega`s MoD contract is for the 1953 reference 2777-1. omega made a lot more cases; expecting more sales maybe....after the 1953 deliveries did not eventuate more sales, omega looked for other purposes of the amag. cases. therefore new backs were made with a centered 2777 only. a few were used for later damaged case repairs on Mil.1953 ref. 2777-1. that is the reason for the last 2 lines outside the case back having a completely different font . 6B is british. G6B is Commonwealth. the next step taken by the factory was to create a civil amag. watch for rugged uses. that was the prototype of the Railmaster with the white dial. omega took the old amag case middles from the shelves and used the ref 2777 backs. movements were slightly later calibers than the 1953 mvmts. therefore you find a few military 1953 excerpts from the archives with mvmt. numbers not correct for the year. on the other hand, the white dial railmaster prototypes started with mil. cases 1953 with fixed bars and had a slightly different shaped new case trialed . and settled then for the old Railmaster case. the white dial prototype, that I had to sell at auction last December as part of the forced divorce sale, was one of those. researched and confirmed by John Diethelm in the factory. funny enough, the dealer, who bought it cheap at the auction, did re sell it to the omega museum for a tidy profit..... I might have a picture somewhere with the different case shapes of the prototype in comparison the the 1953 mil. case......kind regards. achim.......bill soehne has plenty of infos on these !

Vitezi, flame, michael e and 2 others like this.
  6. michael e Still learning. May 11, 2016

I could kick myself to death when I think about that white Railmaster.
    Thank you for the INFO Achim.

7. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant May 11, 2016

Michael, all that is just part of life. in the end it is just another watch. overall that London auction did as expected, but with many hick ups.
    a few of the watches were so rare, that Bonhams low estimates worried me a lot....I had friends ,who bought a couple of my own watches back for me. I rather paid the 25% commission for undervalued rare watches. but forgot to include the white Railmaster....and with a few Omegas not included in the sale, I now have to decide, which ones will go to the next auction. but this time outside the EU taxes. either in NY or Geneva at the end of this year. and I might offer a few here on the sales corner. like the perfect constellation pie pan with the black dial and white gold hands and indices. on the original stretch band. or a big size pink gold 30T2 RG chronometre` in stunning condition. or the black dial omega chrono from 1936 ( Berlin Olympics) . Phillips or Christies; we will see. and parallel I begin to search for new treasures. so, the fun starts again. and there are a few undervalued brands as well.....kind regards. achim

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  8. michael e Still learning. May 11, 2016

You are correct Achim but it was a beauty.

What is the 36 chrono? pocket or wrist?
    Thanks Michael

9. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant May 11, 2016

10. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant May 11, 2016

it is printed black over silver with white omega writing; as it should be.....

11. LarryG not KennyG, not OG, just LarryG May 11, 2016

That's stunning!

12. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months May 11, 2016

oh, please show the 30T2 RG big size..?

13. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant May 11, 2016

look, this is maybe not the right place to show off watches, that are marked for sale. as soon as I made my decision, I will post on the sales corner. otherwise it looks like a free marketing/spruiking attempt. will let you know, when it comes for sale. kind regards. achim

14. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant May 13, 2016

Michael, you should contact Bill Soehne rgd. the white dial Railmaster prototype. he has a very rare version with the factory confirmed attempt, to change the regulation into fine regulation .he has plenty of information. it is a very interesting transformation from the mil watch 1953 to the first models of the Railmaster. kind regards. achim

michael e likes this.