Forums Latest Members

Anyone know of good vintage watch shops in Toronto?

1. Euxinus Jun 16, 2016

Hey fellow forum members,

I was wondering if any of you had been to any good watch shops that carry vintage watches in the frozen wasteland that is Canada, Toronto ( or in the GTA), as well as Ottawa?

In case you don't but you clicked on this topic anyway, here is a good joke from I heard in the movie "Good Will Hunting" if you have never seen it.

So I was on a plane and were about to take off, and the first pilot does his typical announcements like "We'll be travelling at 35000 feet at a speed of...", you know, the whole routine. However, he forgets to turn off the speaker, so after the message, all the passengers hear him say to the co-pilot "You know what I'd really want now? A cup of coffee and a nice blowjob." So now, a stewardess is panicking and makes a run for the cockpit. As she's running, one of the I say "Don't forget the coffee!"

2. WurstEver Jun 16, 2016

Euxinus likes this.
  3. igatomic Jun 16, 2016

It is a little thin here in Ottawa. There is the consignment section at Howard Jewellers on Bank Street, corner of Sparks, but it is pretty pricey. Aside from that, there are a couple of people that sell from time to time, but no store fronts that I am aware of...

Euxinus likes this.
  4. barmy Jun 17, 2016

5. Ravineman Jun 22, 2016

Van Rijke Jewellers ( not sure this is spelled correctly ) is located at Yonge St and Eglinton Ave. in central Toronto
    The have a huge collection of estate jewelery and vintage watches. Lots of nice EVERYTHING
    Their prices are very very high, and they offer you nothing for your trade.
    I have tried to work with them before and walked out disgusted and empty handed every time

Watchfinder is in Yorkville. It's a very small store and very limited inventory

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 23, 2016

I spell it Van Rips...

Euxinus likes this.