Forums Latest Members

Anyone know anything about this cal. 139 ?

1. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Sep 21, 2018

ive not seen another one.

model # 20207

I know this is going to make me sound like a kook but this watch is possibly the smoothest winding and setting watch I own. I've no idea of service history or even if there is one.

I cannot get the case back off of this bad boy to save my life. I'm considering using dynamite at this stage.

I'm starting to wonder if this watch has even been open. Like, ever lol.

It was one of those drunk buys like 10 years ago on some random Friday night. Dude was asking $400 and I offered $175 figuring he'd tell me to fuck off but the son of a gun took it...lol

IMG_4742.JPG IMG_4743.JPG
    valjoux72, aap and ELV web like this.
  2. Mazoue Sep 22, 2018

With that 6-key case back, it would normally be relatively easy to open using an adjustable watch case opener.

If not, then the rubber gasket has most likely perished and locked it up.

The only other way I know to open the case is to super glue a large nut to the case back. You then place the watch in a watch case holder with vice and turn the nut using a spanner. Once you've removed the case back, you soak it in acetone until the super glue has dissolved and the nut can be removed. I tend to leave this to my watchmaker.

citizenrich likes this.
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 22, 2018

May not work. It looks like the hex slot part is a threaded ring, so the nut would only turn the caseback.

As you said..................."watchmaker".

citizenrich likes this.