Forums Latest Members

Anyone here miss their Dad?

1. M'Bob Oct 7, 2017

Lukas Forchammer, the talented lead singer from the Danish group "Lukas Graham," created this lyric video as a tribute to his late father. Caution: tissues may be required...

pitpro, speedybob, Sir Alan and 8 others like this.
  2. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Oct 7, 2017

I still have my Dad, age 90. But I miss my son every day, who's been gone for 15 years now :(

3. Llewis123 Oct 7, 2017

I lost my dad in my early 20s road accident have now had 3 amazing children and an amazing wife and have done ok for myself but I would give up every penny I own and a leg just to have another 10 minutes with him to meet my family and say a few things that I didn't get a chance to

grizzlycanuck, kov, pitpro and 16 others like this.
  4. M'Bob Oct 7, 2017

I am sincerely saddened to hear about your son. There are really no words to describe the loss of a child.

grizzlycanuck, kov, ThePiper and 12 others like this.
  5. AdmiralNilsson Oct 7, 2017

Thats remarkable - your story is very close to mine: 22, drunk hit-and-run, now married and have 3 lovely children.
    I also share your sentiment about buying more time. For him to meet them all would be invaluable.

Condolances by the way

6. Nicko Oct 7, 2017

So sorry to hear about your son, thèy should never go before us. Still have my day, he's 82 and I hope to have him around for a long time.

7. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Oct 7, 2017

All the time. Gone 43 years ago.........tomorrow.

grizzlycanuck, pitpro, Kmart and 8 others like this.
  8. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Oct 7, 2017

Lost Dad to cancer in 2010. Lost Mom to old age last month. Going through estate executor stuff now .., have not processed all this yet. In laws both passed in between. Circle of life.

pitpro, red crowned, TMas and 5 others like this.
  9. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Oct 7, 2017

:(

blufinz52 likes this.
  10. ATWG Oct 7, 2017

Would give the world to have him back. Lost him to sudden inllness back in 2013. Think about him 100x a day, they say time heals wounds, for me it's still quite tough to accept. I wear his seamaster from time to time for that special occasion.

IMG_0011.JPG
    pitpro, Ssunnylee24, Kmart and 13 others like this.
  11. Llewis123 Oct 7, 2017

thank you so hard when your that young you feel like you have to face the world all alone but what don't break you makes you stronger

12. rahul718 Oct 7, 2017

I still have my dad (71). Something happened over the past two years where I've grown much more closer to him than ever before. It's weird because my mom and I were always closer, and now we have become a bit more distant as of he past few years as well. I picked up my watch hobby from him (he's always been an Omega guy), my motorcycle hobby and my car hobby from him as well. I would say I learned all of my good values from him. He always told me to aim to do at least one good deed a day for someone else, go above and beyond to help others in need, always dress nice, have a strong work ethic and that no matter how bad the situation, that everything always happens for a reason.

13. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Oct 7, 2017

God Bless you!

Never knew mine (Dad), high school lovers in a time that you married. Divorced when I was one.

Had a Grandpa that filled all my needs, playing ball, making me wooden swords and Mighty Mouse costumes, giving me counsel and love, been trying to live up ever since.

Got some wonderful grandkids, I'm trying to honor Grandpa's legacy by being a positive part.

Can't even think about losing my Son or Daughter, you make me cry, blu.

Edited Oct 8, 2017
  14. arcentaur Oct 7, 2017

Diabetes took my dad away from me 5 years ago. I’m still waiting for the pain to go away..

15. wsfarrell Oct 7, 2017

I miss my father, but my grandfather was more of a role model for me. He was a railroad engineer who

(1) quarried and flattened the stones he used to sharpen his straight razor;

(2) repainted his house near the ocean every few years, first stripping every inch of old paint using a blowtorch;

(3) built small end tables and finished them with (I'm guessing) 20 coats of black lacquer. You could drown in one of those tabletops.

He took me and my brothers out fishing once in his little motorboat. The engine wouldn't start for the return trip, so, using curses I'd never heard before, he unbolted it and dumped it in the ocean, then started rowing in. A current was taking us toward some rocks, and I thought I was going to die. A larger boat came by and I started yelling and waving. "Be quiet!!" he rasped. "If we ask for help they can claim our boat---it's the law of the sea." I sat down and soon enough the bigger boat offered to tow us in.

One of my brothers got his railroad watch when he died, then proceeded to pawn it. Bastard.

kov, pitpro, ajn3323 and 7 others like this.
  16. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Oct 7, 2017

Hope he's not executor of the estate, the bastard (your words, not mine).

17. M'Bob Oct 7, 2017

Thanks to all who have shared these personal and touching stories.

I was trying to figure out why this little video touched me so, and then it came to me: there is a palpable pain in his loss, that is in direct proportion to how much he got from his father. I, on the other hand, regrettably developed a closeness to my dad only a year before he died, at 68, and my sadness stems from what I never had, but always wanted.

So to those who had that closeness, but who have lost their dads: my condolences, and yet there is a part of me that feels you have been blessed having had something that some of us can only wonder about.

grizzlycanuck, kov, pitpro and 4 others like this.
  18. sdre Oct 7, 2017

Papa passed away in 2007. The year I went to Australia for my further education. He passed away in his sleep, age 55.

But he was suffering before that; and mama was ill and had to take care of him. My sister was there for them while I did my best to finish my degree.

Mom's 73 yesterday; and she's enjoying life now. As much as a good life I can give her. Was thinking of getting her a datejust!

19. sdre Oct 7, 2017

It's admirable to see grown men not shy away from their feelings and I think its a beautiful thing to embrace it.

20. M'Bob Oct 7, 2017

A very generous comment, to be sure, though many around me would argue strenuously about whether I personally qualify under the "grown men" category.