Forums Latest Members

Anyone here a fan of the 1950s omega Triple Date Moonphase Watches

1. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jul 19, 2012

This model wasn't on my radar until relatively recently and have been lucky to get a few nice examples but they are all round - have been looking and looking for the coveted gold square model but no luck yet - perhaps some day...
    Anyway, is there anyone else here who likes these watches?

2. ulackfocus Jul 19, 2012

The square one is very cool, but the dials are always.... um...... icky.... so I've never been that tempted. If I were to go vintage moonphase it would be a JLC or UG.

3. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jul 19, 2012

Are the JLC and UG watches better preserved? I think the omega TDMPs were not in very waterproof cases and in the majority of examples, water/moisture seeped in but the nicely preserved ones are very pretty and I think add to the challenge (and fun and expense) of finding these nice ones.

4. smithrjd Jul 19, 2012

A WHOLE bunch of wacthmakers had these, kinda neat. Bit like a Chronograph, lots of stuff going on with the dial, have a Grandfather clock with a moon phase seems appropriate on it. Our Ukrainian friends have some real interesting versions from just about any known makers and several others..

5. ulackfocus Jul 19, 2012

I've seen some killer examples, but there is one hiccup for each brand. In the 90's JLC did a reissue of sorts with their version - using leftover original parts including NOS dials. UG's original dies are still owned by one US redialer who did the originals back then so the refinish can be excellent.