Forums Latest Members
  1. TsoloT Dec 16, 2017

The teaser title is to see if I can find any information about the Seamaster 1000
    So far the data in AJTT seems fanciful at best and completely misleading at worse EA2D05F9-83DA-46C8-B243-1C4DAB2EFBED.jpeg

2. tyrantlizardrex Dec 16, 2017

@LiquidSolid has a couple, but I think you and he had a chat about them at Time 4A Pint

TsoloT likes this.
  3. TsoloT Dec 16, 2017

Yes I have him on my chat list as well as a couple of others but what is remarkable about this model is that no one has got it right
    It’s another holy grail...in fact Philippe Cousteau..Jacques son ...called it the holy grail of diving Watches

I need more data on it to write up the web site so I need to talk to more owners ...one thing is for sure this may be one of the lowest production diving Watches out there by a long way it’s possible that there are more prototypes than retail sales...thx for the reply

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  4. tyrantlizardrex Dec 16, 2017

Have you tried Mateo? I think he’s @themasterofspeed in instagram and I know he’s listed a couple for sale over the last 18 months.

5. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Dec 16, 2017

Got one. Service dial, hands and bezel. I use mine during summertime and when at sea.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. neilfrancis Dec 16, 2017

What a beast of a piece. Marvellous.

7. TsoloT Dec 16, 2017

Thx will reach out

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  8. TsoloT Dec 16, 2017

Yes but the case looks original...any idea what movements is in it ? It looks like a 1012 so the watch is post 1975 but some data would help Thx

watchknut likes this.
  9. Nathan1967 Dec 16, 2017

I may be mistaken but I think another Time4aPint attendee Simonsaysclick on IG has one - he’s @simonsays here I think?

tyrantlizardrex and TsoloT like this.
  10. TsoloT Dec 16, 2017

Thank you so much I have dropped him a line

11. Nathan1967 Dec 16, 2017

No problem, I hope I’ve got that info. correct for you, fingers crossed!

12. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Dec 16, 2017

Case...yes - and I hope I do not come cross as too snippy but otherwise I would have written that the case was a service case. Before I put time into this - who are you and what is your incentive in this? It would also be interesting to know how you can tell what caliber it has from just looking at it?

Edited Dec 16, 2017
    TsoloT likes this.
  13. TsoloT Dec 16, 2017

Go to www.omegaholygrail.com it’s my site and I created free sites for collectors to assist them in researching their watches

I am a watch collector for 40 years and am seeing more and more misinformation being disseminated by unscrupulous dealers craven auctions houses and poorly advised so called experts

I have three of these watches plus a prototype and a unique collection of other prototypes that are not at BIENNE with Omega
    And I am part way through writing up another site called www.omegaseamaster1000 because unfortunately all the information I have seen about this watch appears to be wrong

Same as the Holy grail the subject of my last research

Thank for asking and I hope this helps. I was the subject of the time for a pint podcast a couple of weeks ago and my instagram account is T_solo_T you can see some of my watches there

14. TsoloT Dec 16, 2017

And by the way you have a type 3 bezel and a type 3 Dial but the case looks concentric not radial ,and with the shallow lug and at a guess is a 1976/77 1012 with a 38 million s/n if the watch is correct
    The case is service then you probably have a 1002 caliber with a mismatch date

I have research on approx over 51 of these Watches thanks

15. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Dec 17, 2017

Splendid answer!

I have highlighted the parts above that makes all the difference. I have put a lot of time into helping others earlier in my hobby/collector career (many different hobbys) and often it has ended up with being used (both me and the info) by the "wrong" people.

I am winding down the frenzy of the watch collector hobby since a couple of years, which makes me maybe not as much in touch with all what is happening. This and also not being a Speedmaster-guy - I had no idea of you or your work and/or incentive. Maybe something for you to take into account when posting questions. In this case - your original post together with our interaction probably will give you more answers than without. It is a good thing. There are more guys like me out there - a little cynical - but who with the right motivation can come out and play. :)

In short - I am all yours. There is a problem though... As I am not in this hobby for selling watches I have not bothered to get an extract of archive. I had the watch serviced by my watchmaker in 2013 (I was going to use it for diving on a vacation) and did not even bother to get the serial number. Bought it from a local collector and friend - which I trust enough not to be overly concerned about authenticity as a whole - the external service parts were obvious. I did my due diligence at the time and things matched enough.

Writing this I realize it is soon time for a service again - and this time I will get the serial and get back to you. It might take some time but for the time being - count me in as a follower/contributor. If you need better pictures of my watch - tell me what you need and I will take them.
    Regards

TsoloT likes this.
  16. TsoloT Dec 17, 2017

One unknown aspect of this watch was that 150 of these were specifically commissioned by Prince Ranier 111 of Monaco

50 were gifted by him and Omega made a further 150 for the public ...I think they were either prototype 5 with the 1012 cal or earlier type 3 prototypes with the 1002 ...what I do know was they were case numbered prototypes and I have written to Monaco for more info

The final iteration was issue after 1975 in 1012 form and possibly ran for only 2 years and statistically sampling the ones out there show that the total sales of this watch was maybe 1000 or even less ...very rare

Your s/number can help to place your watch in the listings

Also if you can find anyone with a number on the side of the case [and there was one forum member who has this in a thread in 2013] then that guy has one of the prototypes !

Best wishes

styggpyggeno1 likes this.
  17. TsoloT Dec 17, 2017

eugeneandresson likes this.
  18. keepschanging Dec 17, 2017

TsoloT likes this.
  19. TsoloT Dec 17, 2017

I have seen the watch but unfortunately it’s a total service model

The case is service the bezel is type 4 and it’s a late Dial 3

But I think they are right it’s a hugely rare piece
    And thank you