Forums Latest Members

Anyone have any experience with watchmaxx.com ???

1. habsmd Dec 5, 2015

Hey everyone !!

Looking to buy a Speedmaster Professional ref: 3576.50.00
    Found a good deal on watchmaxx.com and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them or has heard anything

Thanks in advance
    mark

2. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 7, 2015

Hello

A pal of mine bought from them not a great service and be aware it will be a grey import and not come with a warranty.

3. habsmd Dec 7, 2015

Hey thanks for the response. Im aware its grey market and won't come with the manufacturer warranty. I just wanted to make sure the watches are all 100% authentic and come with original serial numbers.

4. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 9, 2015

Yes they are authentic and the serials are intact.

habsmd likes this.
  5. SamQue Dec 9, 2015

Purchased a couple of watches from them and satisfied with both. First watch was a Speedmaster, I asked for an Omega warranty and for an additional fee they procured one from a vendor. It included all cards with my name on the International Warranty card. Not sure if they still do that. Price was still incredibly good. The second one was with their warranty. The price was so good that if I had to send it in for an overhaul, it was still less expensive then the AD. Both watches are clearly authentic.

I thought service was typical of New Yorkers, sometimes they sound abrupt but they are willing to work with you and provide good service.

6. habsmd Dec 9, 2015

thanks a lot for your input !!
    Do you mind me asking how much extra you paid for the omega warranty ?
    In all honesty, for me, buying from the grey market, I save so much money (approx $2000 on the speedy I want), that IF it needed service i would be happy to spend the money to send it to omega. Still a great deal.

7. SamQue Dec 9, 2015

I think it was an extra $150. I thought at the time it was worth it. If you can save that amount plus tax, it probably is worth it. I live in Chicago where taxes are 9% plus so taken in totality, it's a great savings.

8. habsmd Dec 9, 2015

and how much time was left on the warranty when you got it ? Full 2 yrs ?

9. SamQue Dec 9, 2015

Oh, it was the full warranty. My name is on cards and date of actual sale.

10. CJG87 Jul 13, 2017

IMHO you should not trust their warranty. I gave up. Paid Zenith to fix its own manufacturing defect.

11. mdgrwl Jul 13, 2017

Before I was more educated I purchased an Omega Aqua Terra from them... arrived with dust on the dial. Long story short, the watch went back n forth multiple times before I gave up and had to fight to get my money back. Bad experience.

DLT222 likes this.
  12. habsmd Jul 13, 2017

yea well i never had any plan to use their warrantee even if I needed it. I wouldnt trust anyone but omega to fix their own piece. I figured I was saving so much on the watch itself that if it needed repairs id be happy to pay omega and still come out on top saving money. Ended up going with watchmaxx and worked out great. very happy w the purchase. no issues.

13. habsmd Jul 13, 2017

sorry to hear about the negative experience. I ended up going with watchmaxx and it worked out great. no issues whatsoever.

14. habsmd Jul 14, 2017

$3950 ? for a speedy coaxial chrono ? where were you a year ago ? lol
    i really love this longines monopusher chronograph (Longines Heritage L2.775.4.23.3). can you get this as well ?