Forums Latest Members

Anyone have a Save the Ocean Samurai Manta?

1. sgrenald Feb 15, 2021

I tried to order one from Macy's. They were the same price as Amazon, and I figured they could use the business more. Apparently I was wrong, because they cancelled the order immediately after I placed it. By the time I found out, the new "Dark Mantas" started showing up.

Anyone have one of these? They look super cool! Here's a picture of the SRPE33 that I stole from the intertubes...

strapcode-watch-bands-W_Seiko-King-Samurai-SRPE33-3-MT_2048x.progressive.jpg
    Dedlock and DaveK like this.
  2. Dedlock Feb 15, 2021

These sold out almost immediately at my Seiko AD, if I hadn't reserved it a while back I wouldn't have been able to get one.

I always wanted a samurai and it was a toss up between the three new King samurais released last year. They're slightly smaller in size, sapphire crystal and have ceramic bezels at an unbelievable price it's as good as it gets.

The SOS Manta's "ocean depths" textured gradient blue dial was just very special, even though i blind reserved it but when I saw it in real life I knew I made the right decisions. They look even better than pictures can capture.

inCollage_20210215_141056481.jpg

3. JesterP Feb 15, 2021

Very nice. My seiko dealer still had this model available in the uk at the moment. I may have to take another look.

4. sgrenald Feb 15, 2021

Here's the "Dark Manta" that was just released in the last few weeks. I think I like this better, although I prefer bracelets. Maybe I'll have to get both eventually. :whistling:

But first I have to get a Speedmaster...

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 12.45.38 PM.png
    JesterP likes this.