Forums Latest Members

Anyone had the applied logo on their deployant clasp come off?

1. Buck2466 Sep 8, 2014

I originally bought a PO chronograph from Tourneau when I was in Vegas a few years ago. After 3 months, the watch stopped running so I called Tourneau and sent it back to them. Btw, I purchased the Tourneau protection plan also. About 3 months later they called to tell me that my watch was sent to Bienne and Omega sent back a brand new PO. I was extremely impressed as I never once complained to Omega. About 6-8 months ago, the applied Omega symbol on the deployment clasp peeled away from the clasp on one side of the logo. I tried pushing it back but eventually i looked down and the logo was gone. It seems to me that it is tack welded on to the clasp. I originally thought it was apart of the clasp and not a separate piece until it peeled off. Btw, the 2nd PO recently stopped running like the first one, so I sent it back to Tourneau again and they will be replacing the deployment buckle with a new one because it is covered with the protection plan, as well as having the watch fixed by Omega. So, my question is, has anyone had the applied logo come off of their deployment clasp? Just curious.

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 8, 2014

Its deployant not deployment.

Spy likes this.
  3. Buck2466 Sep 8, 2014

Seen it both ways!

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 9, 2014

Yes because a lot of folks don't know the correct word. Deployment is what happens with troops sent off to assignment.

5. arguetaoscar Sep 9, 2014

Anyway deployment or deployant, back to the question.

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 9, 2014

Yes, back to the question, I have never heard of this before.

7. Buck2466 Sep 9, 2014

Like I said, it looked like the logo was tack welded in a few spots. I obviously snagged it on something and it pulled away. Until it happened, I thought it was a part of the buckle and one solid piece. I know the buckle is not fake because the 2nd watch came straight from Omega in Bienne with it stamped on the warranty cards when they replaced the original.

8. Spy You know my name. Sep 9, 2014

I did not know the new PO's had applied logo on the clasp. I would have assumed it was laser etched like on the 2200.50 PO I once owned.

9. Buck2466 Sep 9, 2014

Mine is the the 3 sub dial ref. 2918.50 1st generation. Maybe that's why they're laser etched now. :)

10. Spy You know my name. Sep 9, 2014

I see it now. Still though, I never knew that was applied. I had the rubber strap for my PO and the logo was etched in the clasp, so I assumed all logos were done like mine.

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 9, 2014

We are talking about the deployant, as far as I know they have always had an applied logo on the top.

ome94521613b.jpg

12. Spy You know my name. Sep 9, 2014

You just taught me something new. I have never owned a watch with a deployant clasp.

13. ulackfocus Sep 9, 2014

I hear talk of a missing Ω logo, but I see no pictures as evidence. :rolleyes:

They're often uncomfortable if they don't sit just right on the bottom of your wrist.

14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 9, 2014

I've got one of these clasps in my hand right now and looking at it, it could well be tacked on rather than part of the metal. It'd take a good amount of force or a defect to cause it to come off, its really firmly secure on mine. I also never wear it as its seriously uncomfortable, if I had a PO of any variety I'd have it on Isofrane as that's the only rubber strap capable of comfortably holding a watch head that big.

15. pascs Sep 9, 2014

I've a couple of these clasps and never seen any problem with the Omega logo but I've seen a few on ebay where the seller has said its an original clasp but the logo has come off, so I assume it cant be too uncommon.

I've never found these clasps to be uncomfortable and they fit well on my 8" wrist

16. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 9, 2014

I find most single fold deployants to be uncomfortable - they seem to rarely be in the right location on the wrist, and if they end up laying on bone they are quite irritating. Sometimes flipping the strap around and wearing the deployant the opposite way will help, or get one end of the strap custom made shorter to help center the clasp on your wrist. Double fold deployants I've never had a problem with comfort.

Cheers, Al

karalhoin and al128 like this.
  17. Buck2466 Sep 9, 2014

In my original post I said that it was sent back and Omega in LA has it at the moment, so no pic's. What's funny is after it came off, you could still faintly see the outline of the Omega symbol.

18. Buck2466 Sep 9, 2014

Dsio, there was no force at all except snagging it on my sweater or something else at the time. I have a few more of them on other watches and never had a problem, that's why I originally threw the question out there. Anyway, it will be replaced at no charge. :)

19. Hamfisted Sep 9, 2014

20. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 9, 2014