Forums Latest Members

Anyone familiar with Lanor Ancre?

1. jrhave2 Mar 21, 2017

Was cruising catawiki looking at watch auctions (yes, I have a problem - but let's move past that) and this watch caught my eye. At this price point I'd be happy to grab this for something to wear on vacation or when I'm doing manual labor, but the google machine completely failed me when I started researching. Anyone know anything about this brand? The movement pictures don't give much away either - though the watchmakers on this forum may be able to spot something unique.

https://auction.catawiki.com/kavels...iss-men-s-watch-from-the-1970s?family=watches

Lanor Ancre.jpg

Vitezi likes this.
  2. jrhave2 Mar 21, 2017

Adding some caseback/movement photos...

Lanor Ancre 2.jpg Lanor Ancre 3.jpg Lanor Ancre 4.jpg

3. rcs914 Mar 21, 2017

Nice looking watch, but I know nothing about it. Never heard of catawiki auctions before. Will need to look there more.

4. jrhave2 Mar 21, 2017

Yeah, it's an interesting site. I'm fairly new to it and I've been watching for a little while to see what the patterns are. From what I've seen so far, there are certainly some bargains...but just like ebay, there are also people paying way too much for things. Lots of redials and refurbished/polished/reconditioned watches as well. They do a great job of filtering out the junk though.

5. jrhave2 Mar 21, 2017

Well...whatever the hell it is I now own it! LMAO :D:D:D
    I'll let you know what I think when I receive it. Was around $125 so not a terrible price to pay to satisfy my curiosity!

semper_shells likes this.