Forums Latest Members

Anyone ever deal with Champion watches aka Rythem in Indonesia

1. jblau May 10, 2016

2. Canuck May 10, 2016

The last "Champion" watch I saw was not in Indonesia, but here, in Canada. I don't know if the Champion watch you refer to is related to the ones I have seen. But the Champion watches I see that are marketed here, are sold at house parties! I believe they are riding on the coat tails of the venerable J B Champion line of watch bracelets! Can you show pictures of the exterior and the "works"?

3. Dre May 11, 2016

4. drainaps May 11, 2016

I know Indo very well. Actually I travel there every month. As a precaution, I'd avoid buying anything of value there, unless you can afford and accept a full write-off.

I don't know this particular gentleman, but that's the baseline policy I'd recommend, and this for BNIB, second hand or vintage.

I know quite a few vintage and second hand shops in Jakarta, and they're minefields, except that prices are Park Avenue high.

I still remember a dealer at Gajah Mada Shopping Mall changing the spring of a 16600 SD with little else than his bare hands and a couple of sub-par screwdrivers, directly on a glass counter in his shop. Scary and a pass. Save yourself the trouble.

Selamat sore.

5. jblau May 11, 2016

Jamgantenk likes this.
  6. jblau May 11, 2016

Much appreciate the advise. thx!