Forums Latest Members

Anyone Ever Buy From Germany?

1. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Dec 20, 2012

I'm just worried it's lost somewhere in the system...tracking info doesn't help much. I've been waiting for this little Omega tank for almost 2 months.

2. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Dec 20, 2012

I bought my cal 89 from Germany but not from eBay but an auction house. Tracking works as it should and did not encounter any problem.

3. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Dec 20, 2012

I buy from Germany and Italy with some frequency - 2 months is a very long time. What does the tracking tell you?

4. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Dec 20, 2012

Hopefully it gets here soon...

"The item was handed over to the International Logistics Center Frankfurt on Dec 9, 2012 to be forwarded to United States of America."

5. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Dec 20, 2012

what is the shipping service?

6. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Dec 20, 2012

It's by Deutche Post -- I'm guessing DHL?

7. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Dec 20, 2012

Well, I have had stuff disappear into US Customs without the "Inbound into customs" tracking notification, but for about 7 days at the outside.

In your place, I think I would contact customer service and start an inquiry.

8. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Dec 20, 2012

There was this one time which I bought from Chile. Tracking says it reached destination and I did not get it for a month. The local PO here says it did not enter the country. Seller scanned and provided me the postage advice. All good. The white arrowhead markers never arrive and I have been cursing the postal service up till this day. I guess tracking is not 100% traceable.

9. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Dec 21, 2012

In my experience way to long, purchased from Germany with shipping to US, max ever experienced was three weeks.

10. Littleroger Dec 21, 2012

I'm in Germany so if there is any problem with the lingo, just drop me a PM.
    Roger

11. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Dec 25, 2012

Good news?

Shipment number: RG91xxxxxxxxx
    It was not possible to reach the recipient; the item was scanned. The item is either being delivered in United States of America or being held for pick-up.

<edit, removed tracking number, SR.>

12. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 1, 2013

Kyle -

I tried the USPS website on your behalf.

https://trkcnfrm2.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/

There is a load of information there on your package.

FYI, the tracking numbers are used internationally, so once the package left Germany, further information was only available here.

I'm sending you a PM,
    gatorcpa

13. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 1, 2013

Yes, one has to follow the tracking diligently and make contact with the postal authorities at the appropriate unit the second something is off. Kyle you need to get going fast on this. As Evan stated, once the package leaves the host country you need to start tracking in the delivery country immediately. You could have picked this up ten days ago.

14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 1, 2013

Speaking of off, my nephew's new TAG Heuer Aquaracer left the United States on the 31st, and is now showing as being in the People's Republic of China... which is a bit of a typo form "Australia".

Well... that said the first green TAG I ordered for the other nephew left Australia and was showing being processed by Italian customs before it arrived here the following day.