Forums Latest Members

Anyone else here having slow response from Simon Freese?

1. b-lilja Jun 14, 2019

I had my old style Omega Dynamic fully serviced by them last year, and in March the watch stopped - I sent it back to Simon Freese beginning of March and they diagnosed a main spring break. Several emails back and forth and promises of turnaround in a week or two, and I am still waiting...is this typical? Promised completion was on April 15, then May 19...emailed this Monday and radio silence.

Any thoughts? Patience advised? Or ???

Etp095 likes this.
  2. Cad290 Jun 14, 2019

In my experience he takes about 3 months to turn around a Speedmaster, which is the amount of time he quoted me. I received an email recently that they moved, maybe he is busier than normal due to that

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 14, 2019

If people stopped touting his business to all and sundry ::facepalm2:: he wouldn’t be as busy :whistling:

:D:D

kkt, emilio, wristpirate and 5 others like this.
  4. stefman Jun 14, 2019

In another thread, someone mentioned he’s moving office. Maybe that could be it.

neilfrancis likes this.
  5. simonfreese Jun 15, 2019

Sorry for the slow response, we have indeed moved premises. I will respond personally to your email today, in honesty I have been overwhelmed over the last week or so!

kkt, Len, speedamatuer and 19 others like this.
  6. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Jun 15, 2019

The perils of a succesful enterprise! :thumbsup:

Etp095 and Seaborg like this.
  7. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jun 15, 2019

Ah, well, I suppose that the "limited drone strike" suggestion that I had in mind is no longer appropriate... :rolleyes:

8. b-lilja Jun 16, 2019

Thank you Simon for your response.

9. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jun 16, 2019

How many other folk here (doing ‘regular’ jobs) work on a Saturday?! Respect.

Seaborg and M'Bob like this.
  10. MRC Jun 16, 2019

If you are maintaining IT infrastructure Sundays and every formal Holiday including Christmas are more likely. Only times you can take down the computer servers, phone PABX or building power.

And you get to investigate the water leaks from the heating system, because the only time the concrete floor can be dug up to trace the leak is
    .... you guessed it.

Then of course you also get blamed for the flooring contractors putting down new tiles in the reception area that are the wrong colour because you were there at the same time as them.

Etc,

etc.

Enjoying my retirement :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

Etp095 likes this.