Forums Latest Members

Anyone else experience delays with their Extract application?

1. The_Walrus Nov 17, 2017

Good day members.

I had first contacted the Swatch Group USA back in Sept who confirmed on the 20th of that month that it could take up to 6 weeks.
    Have read posts on the forum of receipt after only a matter of days but I patiently waited the 6 weeks.
    Come November I contacted the group a couple of times since with no reply and last week also forwarded the email thread to
    [email protected]
    hoping for an update but still no reply.

Can anyone recommend another method?

Thanks

2. jakeh417 Nov 17, 2017

Are you waiting for the confirmation email that they are processing your Extract or the actual piece of paper of the Extract?

In my case, they have not responded close to a month now with confirmation that they processed my Extract form. Usually I email them the form, and within 1-2 day I get an email from a rep that it's being processed, please wait 6 weeks. I have yet to receive that email and it's close to a month! Looks like I'll be going to a Omega Boutique soon to ask about the form I submitted and probably have them order it.

The_Walrus likes this.
  3. Stuie Nov 17, 2017

Hi
    I placed an order for two extract just over a week ago.
    I wanted to see if the progress would be reported in "My Omega Dashboard" however when i checked "My Order History" it was blank.
    So I contacted Omega via the website contact option to ask what is happeing with my orders

https://www.omegawatches.com/myomega/contact-us/

I recieved a reply then next day asking me to send these details

Dear Mr. .........,

We thank you for your message and for ordering two extract of archives.
    We have taken note about your concerns with utmost attention and will be pleased to investigate the matter.
    Therefore, we kindly ask you to indicate us the serial numbers of your watches. In addition, we need to know the last four numbers of your credit card, the type of card and the hour of your payment.
    As soon as we have the necessary information, we will be in a position to clarify the situation to your entire satisfaction.
    Meanwhile we remain,
    with kind regards

Your OMEGA team

I replied with the information they requested and I am now waiting to hear back from Omega

The_Walrus likes this.
  4. watchlovr Nov 17, 2017

As they are personally signed by the CEO, the delay might be that he is busy elsewhere.

The_Walrus likes this.
  5. The_Walrus Nov 17, 2017

I have submitted the form with serial number and fund transfer details. Confirmation has been received about the form being received and processed and a wait of six weeks required.
    This confirmation was back on the 20th Sept.

Again no communication.
    I do understand the long process of actually extracting the information from an archive in the museum ( not digital data).

Have a 145.012 to sell. Would be good to have the provenance included with it.

6. SgWatchBaron Nov 17, 2017

Mine came after two months. It’s always best to wait.

7. KstateSkier Nov 17, 2017

Mine took about 2.5 months. They also had to reverify my serial # because it got transmitted wrong. So I'd expect 1.5-2 months. Its worth it :D

8. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Nov 17, 2017

Yes.
    Depends on time of year.
    But they are Swiss - it will be dealt with, just not in a predictable time

KstateSkier likes this.
  9. ATWG Nov 17, 2017

I applied for 2 extracts on 9/5 and am still waiting....so much for CH efficiency

10. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Nov 17, 2017

Ha ha. Efficient, yes. But ironically, for the nation who started mass producing time, its in their own time.

(Written with great affection for the Swiss who I have worked with for many years)

MaiLollo, KstateSkier and ATWG like this.
  11. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Nov 17, 2017

My experience always seems that they take 6-8 weeks, but upon arrival I notice they were signed and dated very shortly after my request. My theory is that they produce the extract quickly, then wait to ship them to the Swatch HQ in your country in a large batch with other collectors' extracts. Perhaps they only ship those batches to the regional Swatch office once a month or so?

12. Stuie Nov 17, 2017

13. heavenscloud Nov 17, 2017

I ordered five Extracts over the last 6 months. Was notified within a week about Extracts not being available for two watches because records aren't available. The others arrived in 6 weeks.

14. The_Walrus Nov 17, 2017

Thank you all for your input.

It is obvious now good things take time ;)

15. Stuie Nov 20, 2017

I recieved an update from Omega - 6 days turnaround to my original question aboout my extract order :thumbsup:

Here is what they said

Dear Mr. .........,

We thank you for your reply and patience regarding the extract of archives you have ordered.
    Unfortunatley, we were facing a technical issue.
    However, the situation has been resolved and the extract of archives for your timepieces have been established. They will be sent to you shortly.
    We thank you for your understanding and send you our best regards from Switzerland.

Kind regards,
    Your OMEGA team.

16. harrymai86 Nov 20, 2017

I submitted and paid on 20 Oct with confirmation email received. However, nothing since then :( at least if they send an email my extract already done and shipped I will be happier

17. kov Trüffelschwein. Nov 20, 2017

There’s nothing strange about that. Your extract is most probably ready - waiting on Raynalds desk for signature...

I have had some of my Extracts delivered in less than 2 weeks, some others in 8-10 weeks.

Keep calm, they didn’t forget you ;)

harrymai86 likes this.