Forums Latest Members

Anyone coming to Brazil for the World Cup?

1. dantaspaulo Jan 30, 2014

Just asking in case anyone needs help/advice. I've just read an article on Huffington Post on how ridiculously expensive everything is for tourists (which is true even for residents, I'm afraid).

2. Mothra Jan 31, 2014

My little brother is - sounds like some advice could be very helpful....

3. dantaspaulo Jan 31, 2014

Which cities is he visiting?

4. seamonster Respectable Member Feb 2, 2014

Respectable Member dantaspaulo

I shall watch the Brazilian team playing on the TV, since travelling to Brazil for the World Cup is a pretty expensive experience.

By the way, what do you think of the chance of Brazil taking the World Cup this time, since the current team is a far cry of the good old days of Pele & Co?

Thank-you.

5. dantaspaulo Feb 3, 2014

Respectable Member Seamonster,

I think the chances of Brazil winning the world cup in June are almost zero. I mean, Spain has been doing an amazing job, so have France and Germany. Long has it been since we last saw some real action down here. :(

6. ThLam Feb 3, 2014

I wish I can go but may be for some distance future.

I am not sure a bout Spain because they are not at the same level they used to be. France and Germany are good but I still believe the cup will stay in America.

:)

7. seamonster Respectable Member Feb 6, 2014

Respectable Member ThLam

Though the current Brazilian team is a far-cry of Pele & Co's, I still think the World Cup is going to be Brazil's, since they have the backing of the home-crowd to cheer them, all the way.

Like it or not, soccer is a religion to virtually all the South American nations, especially the 'Samba Country'.

Thank you.

dantaspaulo likes this.
  8. Nova1978 Feb 6, 2014

The Oranje will chock as usual. The Portuguese will have so many drama before the game. They will win individual award though. The Argentinians will kill each other during the game. While the English will get executed by their press!
    The Germans going to win it.

Littleroger likes this.
  9. seamonster Respectable Member Feb 7, 2014

Respectable Member Nova1978

On a neutral country, probably the Germans may be the winners of the World Cup. On the Brazilian soil, the chances are going to be indeed very slim.

If the Brazilians do not win the World Cup in Brazil, the Brazilian crowds will massacre the Brazilian team.

Thank you.

10. Nova1978 Feb 7, 2014

It's probably rigged game!

11. seamonster Respectable Member Feb 7, 2014

Respectable Member Nova1978

It's possible.

Money talks, nowadays.

Thank you.

12. dantaspaulo Feb 7, 2014

Respectable Member Seamonster,

Shall we not win this coming World Cup (which is likely to happen), we are ready to (a) massacre the team; (b) overthrow the government; (c) choose badminton as our national sport.

Best,

Paulo

13. Luiz Feb 8, 2014

Paulo, badminton would be a nice choice! ;)

14. seamonster Respectable Member Feb 8, 2014

Respectable Member dantaspaulo

Win or lose the World Cup, soccer is in the blood of every Brazilian. Nothing can change this.

I only hope, the current Brazilian team can bring back the samba into soccer, just like the good old days. It is one of a kind and very entertaining.

Talking about soccer, Pele is a legend (no other soccer player is above him, till today) and the Pele & Co team of yesterday is the best ever, the world has witnessed.

Thank you.

15. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Feb 8, 2014

Sorry the last time I considered the trip was in 1978 :(

16. Tritium Feb 8, 2014

While I don't think I'm travelling; my heart will be there supporting Spain.
    Maracana would be a perfect place for the second Star on the red spanish t-shirt :D