Forums Latest Members

Anybody Now A Place To Buy A Diamond Bezel On My Seamaster 38.5mm Aqua Terra 2012

1. high Nov 19, 2012

Anybody know a place to buy a DIAMOND BEZEL on my SEAMASTER 38.5MM AQUA TERRA 2012

Maybe a website or a company
    I don't know where I can find one
    Help me.
    Thanks

Hugues

Omega Seamaster Aquaterra SS Cal.8500 2012
    Rolex Air-King-Date 18K/SS Cal.1520 1986

2. Superdoc Nov 21, 2012

Step 1. Re read post

Step 2. recognize the horror in post, resolve to never consider such an act ever again.

3. ulackfocus Nov 21, 2012

Um, is it just a coincidence that you're looking for a diamond bezel for a sport watch and you're high? ;-)

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 21, 2012

Dear High,

Most of members here value originality of their watch very high. Even it is close to religion....
    While adding diamond bezel may look like nice idea, it diminish rather than add value in long term.
    Maybe your best option is trade up your Aqua Terra with factory original Aqua Terra with diamond bezel.

5. MyVintageOmega Nov 22, 2012

Sorry Bro......no diamond bezels in my possession.....for jizzel.........[​IMG]

6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Nov 22, 2012

I was afraid to read this thread, but good to see that my thoughts have been suitable echoed by others

7. Wheels Nov 22, 2012

I don't hang with that so I can't help you ;)

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 22, 2012

Sorry if the responses seem a bit harsh its just that generally Omega collectors hate the idea of putting aftermarket, non-Omega bezels on watches, and Omega won't sell you an original one since that watch wasn't intended to have one from the factory. A lot also don't like diamonds on men's Omega sports watches either.

9. high Nov 26, 2012

OK... I understand that the Omega Watch have a better value all original and putting an aftermarket diamond bezel is not good..

No problem with your reply but I prefer ROLEX watches to OMEGA watches

What you think about Omega Caliber 8500???
    Thanks
    Hugues

10. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 27, 2012

I also just acquired a Seamaster Aqua Terra. The 8500 family movement is the best so far in non chronograph Omega line IMHO. First true in house movement after more than 30 years.
    It's finishing is remarkable, having two barrel mainspring extending its power reserve to 60+ hour.
    You can back search this forum, there are many threads discussing this movement.

While I understand your Rolex preference ( and many members here also Rolex owners), maybe your statement is not the most politically correct. This is Omega forum anyway.

11. ulackfocus Nov 27, 2012

That's not exactly true. While designed by Omega, it's not built in their facility. All the new calibers are made at other Swatch-owned facilities so it's actually "in-group". I think I copied this from a WatchTime article a few years back:

"In an admirable show of honesty, Mr. Monachon also cautioned us that although the calibre 8500/8501 are completely designed and developed within OMEGA Granges, it is dangerous to call the movement completely in-house manufactured. Without the help and assistant of Comadur, Nivarox, ETA and Frederick Piguet - all within the Swatch Group, the success of this calibre and the Deville Hour Vision model would not have been possible. The objective is to manufacture the complete movement and watch within OMEGA premises but at the moment, only assembly is done within the OMEGA compound."

12. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 27, 2012

Ah........enlightment. True the definition of in-house today is definetely different than 50 years ago.........;)

Let's check the quote from Omega official website:

" For OMEGA it was a return to its roots: the company had, in fact, been named for a serially-produced movement developed in-house in 1890 and the Co-Axial calibre 8500 demonstrated boldly that OMEGA was back among the ranks of Swiss watch manufactures, companies which have designed and produced their own movements in-house"

13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 27, 2012

Thing is, would you consider the Cal 321 and others in-house Omega? Omega owned Lemania back in the day so technically it was in-group... but then how much would Lemania have been helping with the Cal 3xx and 5xx series?

14. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Nov 27, 2012

It's in-house (the new 8000 and 9000 series movements) for all intents and purposes. Perhaps it would help if you put up an omega logo outside the factory it is actually manufactured in? Even patek does not build every single piece that goes into their watches - they outsource to others as well.

15. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 27, 2012

Interesting question.......... I will not receive my AJTT until February 13, so my wild guess is up until 10XX movement considered in house then from 11XX until 25/26XX based ETA considered 'out house'. I am not counting the quartz.