Forums Latest Members

Anybody Familiar With Domain Name Acquisition? I Need Help Contacting an Owner of a Domain.

1. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Feb 24, 2017

I understand that this is not exactly watch-related. But I don't know who to turn to for help with this...

I am attempting to contact the owner of a domain name that is not in use. But I am finding it impossible to actually contact the guy. If somebody is familiar with this type of stuff, please PM me. I am willing to provide compensation for your help.

The owner of the domain owns seemingly hundreds or thousands of domains. So I feel he is probably the kind of person who buys to sell.

,David

2. abrod520 Feb 24, 2017

I think a WHOIS search is what's generally used for this, though I'm not sure it'll contain contact information.

https://whois.icann.org/en

ahartfie likes this.
  3. semper_shells Feb 24, 2017

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 24, 2017

Best bet is a Whois. If it hiding behind a privacy service... depending on why you need it I have some other options that can get you in contact or force someone into compliance.

5. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Feb 24, 2017

I've been utilizing WHOIS without avail. A lot of his information is behind privacy walls or goes nowhere.

6. Vitezi Feb 24, 2017

Consider hiring a domain registrar, such as GoDaddy, to serve as the intermediary between you and the domain owner.

7. Rman Feb 24, 2017

I had a good experience with Uniregistry but I had a broker. If you need a referral let me know

8. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 24, 2017

If you're looking to buy a domain name my first advice is to buy every variant of it before you contact the current owner. For example if you want to buy "modestproposal.com" and someone took it then look for .Net .Info .Us .So or whatever.

There are assholes that register your domain as soon as you get an LLC just to sell it to you. If you wait a bit they let it go. Specially if they see you got the peripheral domains already

Darlinboy and Foo2rama like this.
  9. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Feb 25, 2017

...good call. I received this message last night.

Hi,

My name is Corrin and I am contacting you because I have reasons to
    believe that you hold a similar domain name.
    I am wondering if you would have interest in obtaining jbottles(com) from me?

Thank you for your time and have a nice day!

Foo2rama and Nobel Prize like this.
  10. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 25, 2017

Exactly, the moment you register an LLC some asshole gets an alert and grabs the domain. Say no and get an alternative. In a few months he will offer a discount and if you place an alert on GoDaddy or like it In a year or so your domain will become available. At that point you can buy the .Com and tie it to your existing domain.

Edited Feb 25, 2017
  11. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 25, 2017

Oh and by the way
    ..I just bought jbottles.net .USA. .Info .UK .Biz and .Dotdot

Pm me if you're interested::psy::

Taddyangle and LawBrk like this.