Forums Latest Members
  1. paschuman Jun 11, 2016

I am looking to make my first vintage watch purchase and have narrowed it done to the different Seamaster models. Basically, I am looking for a Seamaster with stainless steel case measuring 36mm to wear often. I have been focusing my search on a Seamaster 30 because it seems they made more in the 36mm size.

Today I came across this watch. The condition doesn't look perfect, but the price seems reasonable. Any red flags with this watch or buyer?

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Aut...mTGq09PQ7LmZyeFPasE65QUMaAICai__t3RoC0Wvw_wcB

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Pat

Seamaster 3.jpg Seamaster 4.jpg Seamaster 5.jpg
  2. Ravineman Jun 11, 2016

looks legit to me, but I am far from an expert. Price seems quite reasonable too but do wait for the experts here to reply

3. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jun 11, 2016

I won't comment too much on the watch as Seamasters aren't my thing - other to say that the case looks polished and likely a replacement crown
    But if you are in the UK factor in VAT on the combined purchase and postage cost - adds quite a bit if you are looking for a bargain

4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 11, 2016

Movement and scratches on dial would keep me away, with a service your looking at a $800+ watch.

Bit of looking you could do better.

5. paschuman Jun 11, 2016

Thanks for all the feedback. I am going to pass and keep on looking.... everything I read is that patience is key.

6. paschuman Jun 11, 2016

Edited

Edited Jun 11, 2016