Forums Latest Members

Any thoughts on this Seamaster?

1. RNaylor Oct 6, 2014

Hello,

Your threads have been a great resource for me in my search for a vintage Seamaster. I spent way too much time at work looking at the fakes thread! I was wondering if anyone could check out the crosshair Seamaster I spotted on ebayPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network. The seller doesn't seem to be someone who deals with watches but the piece seems to check all the boxes. I am just a little leery of the seller and am wondering why nobody else has bid on it with one day left at $650. Perhaps they're thinking the same thing I am. But perhaps it's the real deal and a pretty good buy at that price and they're just biding their time.

Curious as to whether this onePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network might be a fake. A 1939 Seamaster? I thought they didn't start using the name Seamaster until 1948?

Thanks in advance for any advice you could offer.

Richard

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Oct 6, 2014

The cross-hair dial watch has a refinished dial and not a very good one.

Common mistake of printing T SWISS MADE T when there is no luminous at the hour markers.

Also the cross-hair is over-printed on the 6, 9 and 12 o'clock figures, a really sloppy mistake.

Not even worth half the asking price.

3. RNaylor Oct 6, 2014

Thanks. Looking a little closer I do see the poor refinish (hard to tell in the light). What do I need to look for if I'm looking for a 50's or 60's Seamaster? Should I expect to spend more like a grand for a good one? I would prefer to have either the cross-hairs or a sub-second dial. I was also looking at thisPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network black-dial cross-hair, but upon closer inspection see it doesn't even have "Swiss Made" on the dial (at least not that I can see).

Thanks again

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Oct 6, 2014

5. Fusion Oct 7, 2014

6. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Oct 7, 2014

Yes.