Forums Latest Members

Any thoughts about this Polerouter III?

1. Alfanatiker Jan 18, 2017

I can't seem to find any pictures of similar Polerouters (with the date at 6 o clock). Can someone here say anything about its authenticity? What year it might be from, and this bracelet must be from something else, since it seems too small, and the only markings on it is "stainless steel" and some mark I can't really understand after it. What caliber are the movement? If anyone have some views on anything about this watch, I would like to know.

I just bought it, and it was supposed to work, but only ran for about half an hour. So I've delivered it to a watchmaker today. $_3.JPG $_3 (1).JPG $_3 (2).JPG $_3 (3).JPG $_3 (4).JPG

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 18, 2017

Looks correct to me, although I can't find another one exactly like it.

Most Polerouter III's that I've seen have both day and date features, like this dial currently for sale on eBay:

[​IMG]

Markings match up to yours. Nice Polerouter.
    gatorcpa

3. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Jan 19, 2017

The simplest of google image searches finds countless examples of this model.

Type in "polerouter III" and prepare to be educated. :)

4. Alfanatiker Jan 19, 2017

Actually, I´ve of course done that, and at least on my computer I can't fint a single one with the date at 6´o clock :D
    If you can, then it must be something different with my computer and the way google works from my part of the world. Can you link to some pictures?
    I guess that for the date to be at 6 instead of 3, the inner "wheel" with the markings on would also have to look different, so the numbers are in the right angle. :)

Anyone who have any thoughs about the bracelet that seems too small for the watch? Or what caliber the movement is?

5. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Jan 19, 2017

Here is an example:

And I believe the caliber is a caliber 71, which is a caliber 72 without the day-of-the-week wheel, as specified on this wonderful website:

http://www.polerouter.de/frameset-movements.htm

p1080608jl.jpg caliber-72.gif
  6. Alfanatiker Jan 19, 2017

Thanks for the picture. Actually I'm reading on that page now, and was about to link it in here myself. Mostly because its said that those series of movements have the date at 3, but also because the page said the caliber 71 was NOT used in Polerouter models. Apparently it was...