Forums Latest Members
  1. GlenM Apr 23, 2014

While on holiday last week, my son took a liking to an Omega pocket watch. So, we bought it for an advance birthday present for him.

I have no idea if it is any good or not! Can anyone supply an information about it?

The movement is 17 jewel, with a 7 million serial number (1930's?).
    Caseback is marked as A0.800 which I think it silver.
    The casing is two tone, silver and copper coloured. I assume that this is where silver plate has been polished off?
    We were told that it is all original- to my uneducated eye, I would tend to agree.

I've attached some photos, only camera phone quality though...

Any opinions / further info?
    Thanks!

WP_20140423_003.jpg WP_20140423_001.jpg WP_20140423_004.jpg WP_20140423_002.jpg
    Fritz likes this.
  2. mac_omega Apr 23, 2014

looks original!

GlenM likes this.
  3. GlenM Apr 23, 2014

Does anyone have any info about the movement? Googling omega pocket watches seems to indicate that the majority are 15 jewel, not 17.

And what is with the two tone colour? Did they actually make them like this, or has someone polished silver plate off?

4. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Apr 23, 2014

Is it about 16 size? likely a variation on the 19 caliber, this one was made about 1929. The movement was likely gilt to start with, so the gold finish is original. What is the case make? (look inside of the back cover) many of these things were sold uncased into the north american market, if so the case could be US or Canadian made as fitted by the jeweler who originally sold it. could be a coin silver case which would be keeping with the 0.800 marking. caliber marking might be visible through the balance wheel near the outside of the movement.

I've had a few like these and they were all good timekeepers and a fine way to start a watch addiction.

GlenM likes this.