Forums Latest Members

Any of you nice people here collect or own a siderail(s)?

1. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jun 30, 2014

Too 70's?

or

Fcuking Boss!!

2. ulackfocus Jun 30, 2014

Do you mean sidereal?

3. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jun 30, 2014

"Sideral" cases are made or built up with fiberglass. I don't know much about 'em save for that Tissot produced scores of different models and that they're "uber" 1970's designs.

From what I can tell, there's a relatively small but very dedicated and intense collecting community for these watches. Just wondering if anyone here is one of those dedicated and intense collectors. Or, if they even just own one or two?

4. CdnWatchDoc Jun 30, 2014

Seen a few for sale; look pretty '70s with the combination of colours and sizes. Cool to look at, not sure I would wear them myself.

5. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Jun 30, 2014

No idea what you are talking about but I'm intrigued, any pics anyone?

6. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jun 30, 2014

I'm guessing these were a reactionary tactic to the japanese quartz attack. The general concept of these watches included the easy ability to personalize watches with changable "bottle cap" bezels, endless strap options, etc. the other selling point was that the cases were made from "space age" fiberglass material. Lots of these watches were outfitted with top of the line Lemania movements even if they were a little "toyish".

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  7. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Jul 1, 2014

EGAD! the one with the red bezel and blue strap was likely originally sold to the owner of a mid seventies Mustang Cobra with a "T" roof

awful.jpg
    It was supplied with a giant gold medallion and about seven feet of gold chain to loop over your neck again and again

8. khmt2 Jul 2, 2014

[​IMG]