Forums Latest Members

Any more "Walking Dead" fans here?

1. Edward53 Oct 23, 2016

Here in the UK the new series starts tomorrow, which means I hardly dare look at the Internet after it's been on in the US and certainly won't dare look at this thread before we've seen the first episode. So who will the victim be?? My money's on Abraham but it's anyone's guess. Melissa McBride said on the Talking Dead special that the first episode will be even more shocking than you expect. I'll make sure to top up my pacemaker batteries, get the restraints ready in case Mrs E needs to use them on me and have a jar of valium to munch away at while we watch goggle-eyed.

I'm pretty picky about drama series. We've seen some superb ones recently, from the UK, the US, mainland Europe and notably Scandinavia. However, and this is a big claim but, I am of the opinion that for sustained power, suspense, quality of writing and acting, and production values TWD is the best I've ever seen. If you like that sort of thing, of course.

SteveZ28, Giff2577 and meganfox17 like this.
  2. meganfox17 Oct 23, 2016

Hi @Edward53

I'm a "Die Hard" zombie fan Sir !
    In Malaysia Walking Dead S7 premieres on Astro Fox HD 24th Oct 9.00 pm local time

This is really me after turning into a Zombie[emoji14] [​IMG]

dougiedude, werdna77 and Edward53 like this.
  3. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Oct 23, 2016

I blame my son!
    Eenie, meenie, minie.... MOE

4. Edward53 Oct 23, 2016

Crikey Megan that is terrifying! I think I prefer the Nicole Scherzinger look in your avatar... Mrs E and I are also diehard fans, just about everything from George A Romero's work to Shaun Of The Dead. Unfortunately some git (not here) just told Mrs E a spoiler which she promptly repeated to me (thanks!) and I'm hoping it's an unfounded rumour. We'll see...

meganfox17 likes this.
  5. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Oct 23, 2016

There are plenty of spoilers on the net, I have read a few. Even one with a "CSI" approach to it, wherein two distinct rocks next to the blood directly points to the victim...
    I am sure the episode will be good..

6. ulackfocus Oct 23, 2016

About 1/3 of the staff at my company are the walking dead.

::rimshot::

Jonatan, Togri v. 2.0, STANDY and 4 others like this.
  7. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 23, 2016

I'm a fan - haven't seen the new season yet either. I like to wait until each season is done, then binge. ::popcorn::

8. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 23, 2016

Same here. Binge the whole season at once!

Another good one to check out, though not zombies, is Orphan Black.

9. meganfox17 Oct 23, 2016

[​IMG]

Edward53 and ulackfocus like this.
  10. Moppel Oct 23, 2016

Here's another fan. Can't wait until tomorrow.
    Cheers
    Thomas

11. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! Oct 23, 2016

I'm very much looking forward to tonight!
    As a big Zombie film fan (I've watched over 230 feature length Zombie films), I think the Walking Dead is very well done. My wife strongly dislikes the zombie movies I watch, but enjoys the Walking Dead for the great writing, compelling characters, and great acting. The dvr is set as our newborn does not allow us to watch much television.

Edited Oct 23, 2016
  12. Waltesefalcon Oct 23, 2016

I was a Walking Dead fan, but after the hijinks of the last season I am not so sure anymore. I hope that Negan really jump starts the show again. I also love the fact that his bat shares a name with BB King's guitar.

13. Edward53 Oct 23, 2016

I am now leaving this thread well alone until tomorrow night!

14. repoman Oct 23, 2016

I'm going to give first impression without any spoiler material. I watched it streaming on the net, while I was doing a couple other things online. Obviously I wanted to see who got introduced to Lucille. Overall, I was bored for the majority of this episode. I fast forwarded through much of it. Nothing in this episode really held my attention for very long, other than the pivotal scene, ok, and the bit with the axe later on when Rick and Negan returned.

15. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Oct 23, 2016

I am a huge fan. Intense episode.

The eyeball scene was a little much.

16. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Oct 24, 2016

I have had enough of zombies. I was a huge fan of Walking Dead a few years ago but I like it when the people you cheer for don't die all the time. West World is interesting (huge Michael Crichton fan) but it could turn into garbage if they are not careful.

17. abrod520 Oct 24, 2016

I decided after last season's cliffhanger that The Walking Dead has become for me more of an obligation than an enjoyment; it's just tiring at this point. Didn't watch last night but after reading recaps / twitter reaction, I think I made the right choice.

Same reason I called it a day after the first 1/2 season of Fear the Walking Dead.... started out interesting, then devolved into the usual "people are bad" nonsense

Waltesefalcon and oddboy like this.
  18. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 24, 2016

I am enjoying it so far...have not watches last night's episode yet, as I am always overruled by my wife, so we must watch Shameless and record Westworld since they air at the same time here.

As for the Walking Dead, I've only seen a couple of episodes, and didn't find it particularly good...

19. SmokyT Oct 24, 2016

Here is another fan of TWD, though I used to like the the show much more till the 5th Season. I think that the last season was rather crappy, compared to the earlier ones. IMHO, screenplay was not as good, and there were many episodes were not as well directed. I felt the entire season was a drag. Hopefully, the new season will bring the show back to where it was....

20. Scepticalist Oct 25, 2016

Don't really understand the dislike for the last series. If any series was going to make you stop watching it was when they spent the whole series at the damn farm. I spent the last half of that actually hoping one of them would die for some entertainment.

Just hoping they don't spend the whole series with the predictable plan escape > fail > plan escape > fail > someone dies > plan escape > succeed sequence. They've had their cliff hanger - a few episodes then I want them away doing something else.

Edward53 likes this.