Forums Latest Members

Any members traveling from US to EU in the near future?

1. George.A Jul 25, 2018

Hi guys! As in most situations, the grass seems greener on the other side. In my case, I tend to see watches in US that are better priced than in my home country. I'm a little on the fence as buying such a means paying an added ~30% in taxes when having it delivered to my country.

However, if there's a nice guy from here who's traveling in the near future from US to EU and is willing to take the package with him, that would help me a lot. To which EU country you're traveling is of lesser importance as long as it's within EU as I can send a courier to pick the package up. If there's such a member and you're willing to help. please send me a message.

2. Wombat123 Oct 14, 2018

I guess there is a certain reluctance to take a package for strangers on planes from the US :)

3. Eve Oct 14, 2018

Once i bought a used paraglider in South Africa, then i realised what the shipping would cost.. So i asked the guy to try to get it to Europe by the next trip. He asked his friend and so on.. The package was on its way for about a month, and traveled through 3 continents and 5 counties. Most of the involved people were complete strangers. And i didnt have the chance to track it. In the end it all worked fine and i didnt have to pay a Cent.
    Not sure if i would ever do this again, but its nice to know that there are a lot of good and honest people out there! :)

S.H. and bardamu like this.
  4. Wombat123 Oct 15, 2018

I couldn't agree more, I wish it was different today.

5. George.A Oct 15, 2018

Guys, so far I have 3 colleagues who pm-ed me and are willing to help me out. And this is a very thread with a very low number of views, so you got to love the great community that is here!

Wombat123 likes this.
  6. Wombat123 Oct 15, 2018

Great to hear! Just out of interest, did you also have some stuff brought over and how was the experience/result?
    I did the same thing but myself and overly enjoy(ed) the TinTin i now have :)

TinTinCloseup.jpg
  7. George.A Oct 15, 2018

Not yet as it seems this process for me is like trying to have sex as a teenager - when you have a partner, you don't have a place. And when you have a place, you don't have a partner :). In my case, the watch that I was eyeing is no longer for sale, but just give me a little time :D.

amiriqbal likes this.