Forums Latest Members

Any issues with this Polerouter Jet?

1. khmt2 Jul 3, 2014

Good day folks.

Came across this 215-9 Polerouter Jet going for close to USD600. is that a fair price? Am thinking the dial looks TOO pristine - redial? Appreciate any thoughts from the more experienced of collectors here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 3, 2014

Any problems? You mean other than that Omega crown? :eek:

I don't think it's a redial. There have been a bunch of NOS dials for these sold on eBay recently. IMO, this is one and someone did a decent job matching it to the case. Movement and case needs a good cleaning, and there is some evidence of old rust in there.

There are no pictures of the caseback or reference number, so there is no way to know if this a Polerouter Jet case or not.

I would not pay $600 for this watch.
    gatorcpa

3. pitpro Likes the game. Jul 3, 2014

What's up with the hole in the rehaut?
    That doesn't look right :cautious:

4. woodwkr2 Jul 3, 2014

That's a UG dial. Not sure about the case though, and obviously it has a signed Omega crown. Original UG signed crowns can be very, very difficult and expensive to find.

I wouldn't even continue the conversation until I had detailed pictures of the caseback and any serial/reference numbers.

5. khmt2 Jul 3, 2014

Thanks guys,

Doh! Talk about not spotting the obvious .. ::facepalm1::

I'm not able to get any serial/reference numbers and these are the only pictures of the case. So looks like I'll pass on this one then. Thanks for the advice guys!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. woodwkr2 Jul 3, 2014

Caseback looks correct for this vintage of polerouter/microrotor.

The glaring deficiency is the crown, and the crystal, which appears to be a poor replacement based on the tension ring.

Judging by the general cleanliness (or lack thereof) of the movement, case and caseback, I'd guess that this hasn't been serviced in a while. So be sure to add watchmaker and parts costs to your equation. If you could find a crown, I'd say $80-150, $25-50 mainspring, $10-25 crystal.

I'd have to see it in person to tell you more (like whether that dial began life on that watch).

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 3, 2014

The rings scraped on the inside of the caseback are a sign of problems with the rotor assembly.

This is usually fixable, with emphasis on usually.

Price is way too high for a watch with all these issues.

Time to move on.
    gatorcpa

8. khmt2 Jul 3, 2014

Much appreciated folks - as always, I'm amazed at the depth of knowledge and attention to detail that you guys have, and most importantly, the kindness to help out. Have a good weekend chaps!