Forums Latest Members
  1. CaptainWinsor Aug 1, 2019

saw this earlier today. I’ve always liked these stylized ‘Art Deco’ numbers on the UG pieces. Seems like a decent price for this. Opinions needed from the experts here. Seller can’t open the case but will post pic of the back later. Thanks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-...rentrq:4e871ca616c0a9e4765ee7b0fff0fab4|iid:1Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

9C698C9A-0483-4AAB-88B5-A64F36F8C38B.jpeg

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Aug 1, 2019

Hey, come on now, you know you are supposed to lead by giving your own thoughts :p And it also helps to post more pics here, so the knowledgeable people don't need to do extra work in order to provide you with their opinions (please note I am in no way, shape or form one of those people -- I have a long way to go in Sala's book, and have very little real-world experience with these).

It does seem like the '5's around the minute track vary a bit, but I have also read a lot about how the UG dial printing may be less consistent than we are used to seeing on Omegas. The minute hand also laps a bit onto the minute track, so that is another item I would check.

CaptainWinsor likes this.
  3. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Aug 1, 2019

AFE1D28B-6442-4282-AABD-7EB91886A531.jpeg
  4. CaptainWinsor Aug 1, 2019

Too funny. I actually liked his post but it didn’t even occur to me. Usually I would say something about my concerns but I have no clue about UG and I read a lot here about differences in their dials etc so better for me to just ask outright

5. bgrisso Aug 1, 2019

This used to be my watch. It's all orig (now) as far as I know and the dial is epic. When I first got it, it had a incorrect red second hand, which I actually kinda liked, but when I sold it, I replaced with a correct cal 263 hand which it has now. So, it used to be wrong, and now it's right. Although I still have the "wrong" red hand.
    I sold it to a friend, who is selling it now, and you can probably get a better price going direct, I can put you in touch.
    It's a great watch, I've never seen another dial like it :)

CaptainWinsor and Syrte like this.
  6. CaptainWinsor Aug 1, 2019

Cool. The seller is here in Michigan. I asked him about the movement and he said he couldn’t open it. He got it from a UG collector. Ha. Guess that’s you.

7. bgrisso Aug 1, 2019

yes that's me. His ebay pics don't do the dial justice. It's a subtle dial, and needs good light to appreciate. First pic below is with the wrong hand, please note the replacement 263 hand that is on there now, the red color is quite faded, and if it were me, I would consider to repaint the hand a brighter red, as I think it's provides a nice contrast with the dial, and also explains why the strap has red stitching. I will include mvmt and caseback pics, it's an easy snapback SS case....
    Seller is on IG, if you are serious to purchase, could probably contact direct and save yourself ebay fees? just DM me if you want the name

P1020240_adj.jpg P1020242_adj.jpg P1020243_adj.jpg
  8. bgrisso Aug 1, 2019

Here's an example of a 263 hand that is not faded....

P1020398_adj.jpg
  9. CaptainWinsor Aug 2, 2019

M
    I’ve sent him a couple of emails but he replied he’s traveling