Forums Latest Members

Any information on this vintage Omega Seamaster Deville?

1. ssgtange Jan 4, 2017

First, hello and thank you for the opportunity to join your forum and engage with Omega experts. My wife's dad purchased this Omega decades ago in Central or South America. He passed away and my mother-in-law mentioned it when she last visited, so I had her send some pics. Any ideas on it? From my research, I am thinking 1950's, but I by far would bet money on that?

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Rob

IMG_3123.JPG IMG_3124.JPG IMG_3125.JPG
    Vitezi likes this.
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jan 4, 2017

First Seamaster DE VILLE would have been 1963 so yours would date sometime between 1963 and 1967.

Appears to be in nice condition with a fairly uncommon dial.

You would need to have a watchmaker take it apart to confirm the serial number from the movement to date it more specifically. The movement comes out from the front on these.

3. Edward53 Jan 5, 2017

It looks like a very nice all original watch. The movement will be a 552, or perhaps a 550 which was sometimes used for the US market. The back is the same colour as the front, so it's not gold cap but either gold plated or solid gold. I suspect the latter as the caseback is plain, in which case there should be a hallmark of some kind on the case, perhaps on a lug. Don't attempt to open it yourself!

4. ssgtange Jan 5, 2017

Thanks for the information. My mother-in-law is bringing it to me next month and I will have it opened by a professional and take more pics. She does say that is is marked 14k?

5. Edward53 Jan 6, 2017

Right now your watch has a lovely unmarked case back. Be very careful who you choose to open it as even 14k gold is quite a soft metal and is very vulnerable to being scratched.

6. ssgtange Jan 6, 2017

Thanks for the compliment. I will take possession of it early next month and ensure that I have a professional open it up. I am pretty excited. My mother-in-law is in Central America and almost sold it for $100 equivalent and I almost lost my mind....lol