Forums Latest Members
  1. stevefromtexas Apr 10, 2015

I have a matching set (His and hers) of Omega watches with boxes. These watches have a gold face w/ gold bands. Both work flawlessly and look great. The lady's doesn't seem to have been worn at all. The guy’s is in very good shape. I am not sure of the model of Omega's they are. They are Texas Sesquicentennial watches that say Proud To Be Texan on the face. I found an article about them on line from a magazine from 1985/86 that talked about them. If anyone has any information on these like, current value, model, or if I sale them should I sale them as a pair or separately? Has anyone even seen these watches before?

IMG_1809.JPG
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 10, 2015

They're definitely real, and they're kind of interesting but they're not overly valuable, however form memory these were either solid gold or there was at least a solid gold version of them so if they are 14k/18k they'll be worth melt value of the gold and a bit more. As collectables they're a bit tricky as they're only worth anything in Texas, outside of Texas nobody would buy them, except for some odd Europeans that have dreams of being cowboys.

Foo2rama and Nobel Prize like this.
  3. stevefromtexas Apr 10, 2015

dsio, thanks for the response. I have looked them over and cant find anything that says 14k/18k anywhere. Would it be marked some other way and where is it usually marked?

4. PatrickJ Apr 10, 2015

There must be a 14k or 18k hallmark on the watch someplace.

5. stevefromtexas Apr 10, 2015

any idea what model these are?

6. PatrickJ Apr 10, 2015

Not to sure. Perhaps other members will know on here.

stevefromtexas likes this.
  7. lenny Apr 10, 2015

I suspect your best bet would be an eBay no reserve auction (or buy it now/best offer setup if you have a lot invested in them). If they're solid gold, I doubt they would be worth more than scrap value given the dial.

Edit - here you go:
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/301025869464?_mwBanner=1Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    [​IMG]

Here's the archived original ad for reference as well:
    [​IMG]

Edited Apr 10, 2015
    Foo2rama and stevefromtexas like this.
  8. stevefromtexas Apr 10, 2015

I haven't sold on eBay much, would you sale them together or separate? I don't have very much in them, but what do you think a realistic opening price would be?

9. lenny Apr 10, 2015

Well, the seller was able to get a bid of $650 for one. Assuming that it wasn't a shilled bid, try that...I guess. Used women's watches don't have good resale in the best of times, so I can't imagine it would add too much value. Maybe 700 or best offer???

10. stevefromtexas Apr 10, 2015

thanks ill give that a shot sometime this weekend.

11. PatrickJ Apr 10, 2015

Since your from Texas, it is an unusual watch very unique you could keep them. Service them and enjoy them

12. stevefromtexas Apr 10, 2015

I thought about that but I am entirely too rough on watches. I might keep the woman's for my wife but not sure yet.

13. PatrickJ Apr 10, 2015

You could always have an everyday one and keep the Omega for special or just wear it at home sometimes. It depends if watches are your thing or not. Take your time, don't be quick to get rid of it, you may regret it down the road.