Forums Latest Members
  1. Dragonbabe Feb 4, 2019

Hi. Any thoughts on this watch and it’s value please. 6ED671F9-238A-4901-95FE-0941A22E5928.jpeg 5D97D7B7-3DBA-4DC7-AC5D-C711D88886BE.jpeg

2. Davidt Feb 4, 2019

What are your thoughts on it?

are you buying or selling? If buying, what’s thebasking price?

3. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Feb 4, 2019

An Introduction would be nice, as you are obviously new here. Having your first ever post be "tell me all about this watch and what it is worth" doesn't always get the best, most thoughtful responses. OF is a community of Omega collectors, and not a drive-by appraisal service; we appreciate a nice 'hello' and brief intro.

FWIW, you really need to post pics of the movement and inside of the caseback (which contains helpful info) in order to get a full assessment. On the surface it looks like a nice linen dial. The back of the case looks nice and unpolished, but more/ better case photos (from angles) would be useful. And a pic or two of the crown, taken from the side.

4. OMEGuy Feb 4, 2019

Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks like a redial.

Edited Feb 4, 2019
  5. Dragonbabe Feb 4, 2019

Blacktalon I apologise.
    I tried to join and do the introductions yesterday but the joining process proved to be a long one and I wasn’t accepted until part way through my work shift today and the item I needed help with was about to end so I quickly asked my question with the full intention of ‘chatting’ and ‘intriductions’at the end of my work shift which was 10 minutes ago.
    I stand corrected but please don’t presume you know the circumstances of my hasty posing.
    I’m sure there are plenty of lovely people on here but you just put me right off.
    Thanks anyway.

6. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Feb 4, 2019

Hmmm, not sure how I put you right off, especially since I gave you info on what photos, etc. would help people give you a better assessment of the watch. But so be it.

7. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Feb 4, 2019

8. Shabbaz Feb 4, 2019

What can you tell us about the watch?

My own observations... It's a unishell case which means you can open it only from the dial side and you have to remove the crown. Omega did this to improve water resistance. You see these also with the SMDV-line. Problem for us mortals is we can not open it. A watchmaker can do this for you. Font is quite heavy so I would like to see better pictures in daylight. Coathanger S with unishell case is possible.

If you get to know us on OF then you will find out we're really sweet and cuddly. We just see a lot of new people who are just taking iso giving. So forgive our shortcomings....

9. nttisch23 Feb 5, 2019

If you can open the caseback in order to assess the movement and the reference number, that’d be a good place to start. If you do not have a tool, any local jeweler I’m sure would open it for you for free in order to snap a few photos of the caseback and movement