Forums Latest Members
  1. Nosey Newby Jun 12, 2017

Morning all, I have been left an Omega when my Dad passed a few years ago. I had it serviced at a local Omega retailer, I have asked for the serial no/ model no but unfortunately nobody can help identify the watch. I think it is from the 60's as he bought it when he was serving in the forces and that's the only time we can assume it's from. Unfortunately there is no one else who I can ask for information so thought I would ask for some professional advice, many thanks in advance, Col

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 12, 2017

Everything you need for the questions you have are hiding behind that case back.
    Get a watchmaker or jeweller to pop it off if your not up to it or worried about damaging it.

To get a idea Google when Quartz watches started as was way later than the 60s

3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jun 12, 2017

You can also learn about the movement by googling 1342 (the movement number printed on the back).

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 12, 2017

The reason Google's likely to be more helpful is that the quartz era Omegas were never really popular among collectors so there aren't many people that are deep enough into them to know all of the references and versions (there are also a huge number of versions). So as @STANDY suggests getting the info inside the caseback and combining that with the quartz calibre number stamped on the back of the caseback is your best bet.