Forums Latest Members

Any ideas on what model this is?

1. decwright Jan 14, 2014

Ive wanted a Longines in my collection for a long time and I had a bit of free time this afternoon so I ended up on the bay as you do.
    Came across this watch which didn't have long left and the price was ridiculously low as it hadn't had a lot of interest. The seller said that he was "clearing out the rooms in his fathers estate" and he came across this watch.Needs a new battery and some TLC which I will do but apart from that it looks good.
    Didnt state in the ad what model it was, all it had was the serial number which was engraved on the case back, so can anyone tell me which model this is and how old it is etc? I'm sorry for the bad picture and I know it isn't very clear at all but this is the only one I have ATM.
    Thanks again!

[​IMG]

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jan 14, 2014

If its quartz its not worth bothering with.

3. decwright Jan 14, 2014

X350, Its not a quartz. When asking him about why he hadnt had a battery put in it etc, he replied that when he took it to the jewellers they wouldn't put a battery in it without it being serviced and the movement cleaned as "it was a Swiss movement" ::facepalm2::

4. ulackfocus Jan 14, 2014

It's quartz, it's from no earlier than the 70's, and it's not worth bothering with.

5. decwright Jan 14, 2014

only telling you what I was told via email by the seller :) I'm annoyed that it isn't Swiss as he said but still think I'll keep it for work, hey it was cheap! :)

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 14, 2014

There are Swiss Quartz movements. Many Jeweler will only change batteries on swiss watches both because service is desirable and profitable.

7. blackwatch wants tickets to the HyperBole. Jan 14, 2014

Would it be fair to refer to them as "SCHWARTZ" watches?

8. ulackfocus Jan 14, 2014

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine!