Forums Latest Members
  1. hawkeyeuae Mar 27, 2016

I inherited these watches from my father, and they all seem in good working order. Some date back from the 50's through to the 70's and 80's.

I was wondering if there was any indication of their value, and how I can best sell them.

image1.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG image4.JPG image5.JPG image6.JPG image7.JPG image8.JPG
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 27, 2016

I would take good pictures and list them all no reserve $1 starting price on eBay, theres a market for all of them ranging from several hundred to over a thousand and you'll get market value on the bay for them.

3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 27, 2016

Agreed. But you really need to get good photos to get a good price.

4. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 27, 2016

An interesting, slightly off beat collection.
    They do look worn but appreciated
    All look as though they need attention, but unless you are keeping them, not worth the expense.
    Collectors prefer to buy in this state, from the owners family than if they were presented having been prepared for sale. We like to control what happens!

Good photos and honest provenance will make sure you get the best price for them.

None are worth thousands, but they all have attraction.

Best of luck

marturx likes this.
  5. hawkeyeuae Mar 27, 2016

Thank you everybody for the advice. I guess I'll be looking for a good camera.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 27, 2016

Not necessarily. You can get great photos on an iPhone 5 or 6, provided you know how to use macro mode. If you are using a good phone camera, "invest" $20 in an Ollo clip, or similar, macro lens and that's all you need.

Spacefruit likes this.