Forums Latest Members

Any help with proper end links for 2 1963 seamaster deville's?

1. brantrandall Dec 6, 2018

I inherited the following watches from my father, the first was his high school graduation present, the second was my grandfather's anniversary present that same year. I took them to the Omega Repair Facility in Culver City, CA to have them looked at, and attached their quote for repairs in case that information helps with identification.
    1)
    1963 Seamaster Deville
    14910-SC
    Cal.560
    does not say "swiss made" on bottom of dial
    does not have bezel around date window @ 3o'clock position
    (wondering if that is factory, or possibly lost when cleaned 20 yrs ago)
    ----Looking for stainless steel bracelet (8270 style)
    (The picture below with black rubber band is my actual watch, the other series of pics are from the internet but look exactly like mine, except has the bezel around the date, and "swiss made" under 6o'clock position.)
    14910.jpg similar.jpg 14910 paper.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2)
    1963 Seamaster Deville
    1285462 KL6292
    Cal.560
    gold plated, with gold filled bracelet (8270 style, missing end links)
    ----Looking for gold plated end links
    kl6292.jpg
    this bigger picture is not my actual watch, but the only one I can find that looks exactly like it, just showing closer detail since the other picture isn't very detailed. KL6292 copy.jpg KL6292 paper.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm trying to find the bracelet for the 14910-SC, I know 8270 was the # in the catalog, but it seems these are virtually identical. Searching for some on Ebay, and trying to find which ones are correct and more specifically which end links are correct for my piece.
    no.12
    am I close, or will some of those be the wrong model?

Are these end links the right ones I should be looking for, or should I be looking for something else?
    29 (maybe, something I read leads me to believe this may not be right)
    609 (is this possibly for TV shaped watches)

Same question for the gold KL6292
    only need end links, but am willing to purchase entire bracelet if it has the correct end links
    Bracelet does not have a # stamped on underside of clasp, only says
    14k G.F.
    STAINLESS STEEL HINGE
    MADE IN U.S.A.

I've found these on Ebay, but don't know if they are correct for what I'm looking for
    1068/523
    1037/556
    1503 1/22

2. Edward53 Dec 7, 2018

70 or 570 are what you want. The same link but for some reason with different numbers.

3. brantrandall Dec 7, 2018

Awesome. Thank you. Somehow I guessed those might be the front runners in my search. That goes for both my watches right? Would I be able to find those on any of those bracelets theoretically? ie. on a 1037, 1068, 1503, or plain old no.12? Are those all interchangeable as they appear to be? Or should I be looking for a particular one with the 70/570? Thanks again for your reply. I really appreciate any help.

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 7, 2018

The 7-row BORs are all pretty much the same, end-links interchange freely.

DO NOT let Omega work on your watches, they are not kind to vintage.

5. brantrandall Dec 7, 2018

Thanks, that's what I was kind of assuming about them all being the same. I opted to not have Omega ship it to Switzerland, and replace basically everything. Found a jeweler locally that would just service and replace oil, for a fraction of the price, and leave all the sentimental cosmetic stuff alone. Glad I didn't do the Omega route. Found a stainless bracelet with 70 end links for $275, and a complete gold bracelet with 570 end links for $325. Those seem like reasonable prices for both, right? probably going to snatch those while I have the chance, since they fit the criteria.

6. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 7, 2018

Those prices are high. Be patient, either can be found on eBay for $200 or less.

7. brantrandall Dec 8, 2018

X350 XJR, quick question, found this on eBay
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Bead...=item468a959305:g:QnMAAOSw20Zb50gF:rk:12:pf:0Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    do you think these #22 end links would fit my stainless watch?, seems to be in pretty good condition, a little high priced as you indicated. But don't know if those are the ends I need. Seems like the "beads" on the end links appear flatter and not as "rounded" as the 70 end links on the top side. Could I just be seeing it wrong do to the angle of the picture/lighting?