Any help identifying this watch?

Hello,

I am 55 years old, live in Brazil and my father gave me this watch in the early seventies. I would like to identify it's code and evaluate this watch.

It works perfectly and never had been repaired.

Can you help me?

Helio

Hello, Any chance you can open the caseback? Reference number should be engraved inside.

Many watches were cases locally so we would need to see the inside.

Hello, Any chance you can open the caseback? Reference number should be engraved inside.
Hi,

I'll try it, but I'm not sure if I have the tool.

Maybe will take it to a local store.

Tell you soon.

Many watches were cases locally so we would need to see the inside.
Yep.

Tomorrow I'll be back with a photo of the engine.

Yep.

Tomorrow I'll be back with a photo of the engine.

More important will be a photo of the inner side of the caseback

Movement + dial are original Omega, the case is not. Although hallmarked as 18K (.750) gold it looks like a contract case of unknown origin.
Also the bracelet is not from Omega but comes also from a different producer. There is some value in the gold (melt value) + the value of movement+dial. You can always take the bracelet from the watch and sell it separately - will bring you more than the mere melt value as it is a nice looking bracelet...
But before you offer the bracelet for sale make sure that it is solid gold - take a loupe and search for gold hallmarks.

Movement + dial are original Omega, the case is not. Although hallmarked as 18K (.750) gold it looks like a contract case of unknown origin.
Also the bracelet is not from Omega but comes also from a different producer. There is some value in the gold (melt value) + the value of movement+dial. You can always take the bracelet from the watch and sell it separately - will bring you more than the mere melt value as it is a nice looking bracelet...
But before you offer the bracelet for sale make sure that it is solid gold - take a loupe and search for gold hallmarks.

Thanks for the information.

Do you recognize the model number and the year?

I don't see the 491 movements very often. 19 jewel full rotor with sub second hand. Pretty cool.
From Ranfft below.

Thanks for the information.

Do you recognize the model number and the year?

since it is not an Omega case, there is no model/reference for the watch.

I am 55 years old, live in Brazil and my father gave me this watch in the early seventies
If my father had given me such a watch when I was such a young child, I would treasure it forever.

I like the watch and it looks like it's not been worn much.
Sentimental value to you is unknown, but are you asking for the price you might get selling it ?

Thank you all, for your time and support on this thread.

I know you all are Omega lovers and will probably disagree with me, but...

Sometimes in life, we are faced with difficult choices that tug at our heartstrings. These decisions are often intertwined with cherished memories and treasured possessions, making them all the more challenging.

This Omega, adorned in solid gold, was a cherished possession of my father. It graced his wrist only on special occasions, and Its presence was a symbol of celebration, marking the milestones and cherished moments that became etched in my family's history.

Yet, as life unfolded its unpredictable twists and turns, I made a conscious decision not to wear this precious timepiece myself. Concerns for its safety and the fear of inadvertently damaging or losing such a valuable heirloom led me to keep it safely stored away, untouched, and pristine. It remained a silent guardian of memories, waiting patiently to be passed on to the next generation. Unfortunately, there is no next generation of mine.

I also inherit the vinyl records left behind by both my beloved mom and dad, and I am faced with the opportunity to breathe new life into their melodic narratives. The analog sound system I aspire to acquire (because mine turned out to be unrecoverable) will serve as a conduit for these cherished musical legacies, resonating with the melodies that shaped my parents' lives.

Regrettably, due to financial constraints, it is challenging for me to afford both the watch, that's been locked away in a drawer, out of sight, for nearly 40 years, and the now, too expensive, analog sound system for vinyl records simultaneously.

In considering the sale of the watch, I honor my father's intentions and the careful preservation he bestowed upon it. By releasing it into the world, you allow it to find a new caretaker who will appreciate its timeless beauty and create their own treasured memories. And in turn, I invest in a medium that will unlock a symphony of emotions and experiences, entwining my parents' melodies with my own.

The value of an object lies not solely in its material worth, but in the sentiment, it carries and the stories it holds. The watch, now a relic of my father's love, will forever be ingrained in my heart. The memories it evokes, the traces of his touch, and the love it represents will remain with me, transcending the physical presence of the timepiece itself.

May the sale of the watch bring forth the means to unlock a world of cherished melodies, and may the vinyl records, tenderly inherited from my beloved mom and dad, guide me towards a realm where memories and music intertwine. While the decision to part with my father's Omega may seem bittersweet, the true essence of my father lies not in the physical object itself, but in the love, guidance, and memories he imparted to me.

In acquiring an analog sound system, I embark on a journey of rediscovery. With each crackle and pop, every carefully placed needle upon a vinyl's grooves, I become a custodian of my parents' musical heritage. Their love story resonates anew, and the melodies that once swirled around them find their way into my own beating heart.

Cheers

I like the watch and it looks like it's not been worn much.
Sentimental value to you is unknown, but are you asking for the price you might get selling it ?

Yes, I'd like to sell it, but I can't estimate the value and how I could honestly advertise it, as it's part Omega original and part not.